Quote Originally Posted by db24 View Post
By the way, what's a paper map? Is that like a typewriter or a rotary telephone with a cord?
Funny. It reminds me of a joke where a grandfather asks his granddaughter for a newspaper. She replies 'Grandpa, this is 21 Century, we don't use paper anymore! Here, use my Ipad!'
The fly never knew what hit her.

I've been using GPS for long time and I love it. I'm used to it and don't find it distracting as I only look at it when there's nobody around. I glance at the screen fast, kind of like glancing at your rear view mirrors. I don't play with it too much while riding.

I have found many a great twisty two lane road this way. To me a good GPS is invaluable on a road trip. I use Garmin 4.2" Nuvi right now, but I am looking into possibly getting a GPSMAP620 or even Colorado. To me it is important to have high resolution so I can see as many local roads on it as possible. Roads I ride are not crowded, in fact they're fairly small and spread out. No use for highways much. I prefer two lane roads of SC, GA, Western NC and FL.

Sometimes I program it to avoid highways, unpaved roads, u turns and for the shortest distance. This usually yields fun two lane roads.