Mustang Seat…. - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Mustang Seat….

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    IMHO…. no need for backrest !!!!
    I agree with what he said...

After reading all the concerns about fit of the seat…I started with painters tape and marked where the bolts attached to the bike…laid the seat in place and began the installation…rights side no issues …used a long screw driver to get the seat in place…onto the left side….no issues…I did have a talk with the back bolt and it did begin to understand I wanted it to line up….. The fit is tight …the tolerances by the levers that open the seat are VERY TIGHT…. over all no big deal…30 mins start to finish…. Very nice seat!!! The seat is 1 “ lower but could not see any further back…the seat does not push you forward which was the major concern for me in buying this seat !!! Very Happy!!!!
    Steve,Can I come over to Sanford and sit on it to see if its something I'd be interested in? I did have one on a bike a couple years ago and it sucked. Made my legs go to sleep. I really like the looks of it on the F6B..................Dickie

Sure Dickie,,,, the wife and I are going to the beach for the weekend…should/will be back Sunday late afternoon???? Or any day the week of 24-27 in the evening or sat or sun…let me know what is best for you !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Cool Hand Luke thanks for the info. Ordered my mustang seat a week ago Thursday & received it quickly. eBay seemed the logical place to buy it with their delivery guarantees & PayPal. Ordered a Madstad the same day & they both arrived the same day.

Thanks again!
    Buzz

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzzPhotos View Post
    Cool Hand Luke thanks for the info. Ordered my mustang seat a week ago Thursday & received it quickly. eBay seemed the logical place to buy it with their delivery guarantees & PayPal. Ordered a Madstad the same day & they both arrived the same day.

Thanks again!
    Buzz

Waiting on my Mustang seat, Madstad seems the way to go but it looks a little busy/funky looking to me, will have to look at more pics.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    I did have a talk with the back bolt and it did begin to understand I wanted it to line up…..
    I had the exact same discussion with (1) back bolt on our RDL's,,, I believe that (1) bolt must have thought it was special, or perhaps it simply needed some extra 'moral support' before realizing it was going to return to its original location

The Mustangs do look nice!

Cool First ride with Mustang!

I just did about 500 miles yesterday. Rode from Aiken SC to St. Pete FL. All two lane backroads until last 140 miles, then I had to jump on I-75 around Gainesville FL. I wanted to make it before dark, and I did.

Mustang performed fine for me. Loosing 1" height didn't make me uncomfortable (I'm 6' 32" inseam) but it definitely helped me get more cover from Baggershield. It is firmer than stock, there is definitely more thigh support and the built in lumbar support is very functional, I won't need a backrest. I do have to point out I used just the seat for a while but I also used my Airhawk air cushion I've been using for probably over a decade. I definitely feel more comfort with the cushion, probably due to increased air flow in my crotch area and no smushing the family jewels. I'm probably used to it by now.

The seat makes the bike look even better and sportier IMHO. I get so many compliments on the bike's looks that it has reached the slightly annoying stage. People go out their way to see this bike!

Here are the pictures of the bike downtown St. Pete:

Attachment 4143Attachment 4144

Personally, if I can make 500-700 miles per day on this seat I'm good.