Mustang Seat…. - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mustang Seat….

Good info TC thanks.

Steve thanks for the info. I will be calling Mustang tomorrow. As for the side covers I think that has been blown way out of proportion. I don't need to take them off hardly ever.

Just got mine today!

Well, I ordered mine from Ebay from the following seller:

Attachment 3979

And here is what I paid:

Attachment 3980

I ordered it last week and received it today.

It is a deluxe version. I just installed in on the bike. Weather here is very cold and rainy, I will post pictures of bike as soon as the weather improves.

It is a new version, it fits perfectly. I tried it and it sure seems great to me. It is lower than stock, which I was looking forward to. I believe this will give me just that much more wind protection from my Baggershield. It seems firmer than stock but not Corbin hard. This is not my first Mustang, but I believe it to be the firmest one yet. It seems to flow well with the look of the bike.

The lumbar support certainly seems to make a difference. I am really looking forward to my next ride, hopefully Friday as it is supposed to be sunny.

A couple of points: I don't care if seat needs to come off to access side panels. I don't mess with suspension settings and I have installed power cord to battery for my heated clothing which I can also use to charge the battery. Also, I ride single and prefer the sleeker look of the F6B and this seat seems to do it for me.

I got my Mustang last week. It is lower and you are alittle further back on the seat (I have risers and the reach seems ok). Tomorrow I am taking off on a 1500 mile ride in west Texas, I will see how it works out for me. I have a Wing OEM windshield installed and I cut it down for me to fit OEM seat........may have to trim abit to match the lower position.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    All I can say is I ordered a seat on line with Mustang…was told 6-8 weeks and $636…went on line to Ebay…bought one $526.00…got nervous from some of the posts and called…talked to a young lady who said,” we order from mustang and when we get the seat we forward it to you, thats why there is a three day to ship”….Mine should ship Thur…should have it Mon…will post and let you know……don’t care about the side panels …seldom/never take them off!!! I guess the question is …why are vendors more important than individuals who pay more??? I get it that a vendor could/will sell more than one but……..
    Right now for Mustang Seats Minimum advertised pricing is 90% of retail list price. All persons that are selling on Ebay that are advertising for less have been warned and are being shut down or cut off immediately. The tuck and roll seat should be $539.10.
    Most that are trying to sell below are using names other then their real business name. They also are not forwarding F6B seats on to you, Mustang is almost always drop shipping when they are made.
    Our rep at Mustang told us again today that it is being taken care of. We are getting calls every day because of false advertising, like the one on Ebay for F6B seats that shows there are 8 available which is false.
    There are no F6B seats immediately available at Mustang, they are working off back orders right now. If you have any issues and try to go to Mustang with an Ebay receipt that is below MAP they are going to tell you to go to your dealer. Evidently they have had a lot of complaints.
    They have not been able to give any one dealer more then a few F6B Seats right now. Right now our customers that ordered several weeks ago are a few days away from delivery. We had actually ordered a couple for stock but were taken by customers before they were made.
    Mustang is only able to make a couple of those seats a day right now but working on getting that higher. You may be able to find someone that has been able to get ahead and has a couple in stock, just beware.
    Rick

I bought one of the first seats. Bought the smooth skin seat from Cruiser Customizing for $515.00, no tax, no freight. Mustang was extremely responsive in replacing my original seat when the problems were identified and they picked up the return postage as well as returning the new seat second day UPS. Great service.

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/

To be honest, I have not tried to remove the side panels.....just not something I do very often.

Attachment 3983
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Texas TC View Post
    I bought one of the first seats. Bought the smooth skin seat from Cruiser Customizing for $515.00, no tax, no freight. Mustang was extremely responsive in replacing my original seat when the problems were identified and they picked up the return postage as well as returning the new seat second day UPS. Great service.

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/

To be honest, I have not tried to remove the side panels.....just not something I do very often.

Attachment 3983
    Mustang is one of the best company's there is to deal with. They are on revision 3 or 4 now on the F6B seats. They think they have it perfected now.
    For some reason they say it is one of the most complicated seats to build that they have done.

With the seat being dished so much is there plenty of back support that you don't need a drivers backrest? We are going to put a Mustang on our New F6B and I was concerned about back support. I have had a drivers backrest on all my recent bikes and really like them.

When I received the first version of the Mustang seat, I called Mustang and told them the issues, thus the re-design of the seat took place at Mustang. I received excellent customer service including a call from the lead engineer over the weekend to check on how my re-design seat worked out.

As far as the side panels go. If you find it difficult to take off or put them back on with the Mustang seat you do not have to remove the seat to do so. Just loosen the the seat bolts and you can get the side covers on and off.

I love the look and the comfort of the F6B Mustang seat. It will lower your sitting position approximately 1".
    KJ
    SOLD 2013 F6B Black Deluxe
    2014 Victory Cross Country Tour
    EZRIDE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My Mustang seat is very comfortable and also is an inch lower to the ground, the installation took a lot of patience, the bolt holes were close but not perfect. I hope as I ride it longer it will form itself to the bike and make for easier installation. I'm now in the process of lowering the bike another inch and a quarter, I only have a 27" inseam, I think it will look cool and I need to slow down any way.

How to lower the F6B?

Quote Originally Posted by jakec View Post
    My Mustang seat is very comfortable and also is an inch lower to the ground, the installation took a lot of patience, the bolt holes were close but not perfect. I hope as I ride it longer it will form itself to the bike and make for easier installation. I'm now in the process of lowering the bike another inch and a quarter, I only have a 27" inseam, I think it will look cool and I need to slow down any way.
    I am also vertically challenged and even with the Mustang seat I am not quite flat-footed on both sides. How do you lower the bike without affecting cornering clearance much? I heard that Progressive was making a new lower suspension for the front...

Thanks, Jacek!

Go to the site Lower my Wing products, you can buy a new rear suspension link and then you raise your forks. Yes you will lose some cornering clearance and have to watch out for speed bumps. But I just want to try it, I'm tired of stretching so much to get a foot down. If you go this route look for used parts, that's what I did. You also have to change the center stand to a Ride Off stand, your old one won't work. Sorry about the thread hijack.