Mustang Seat…. - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mustang Seat….

Quote Originally Posted by jakec View Post
    My Mustang seat is very comfortable and also is an inch lower to the ground, the installation took a lot of patience, the bolt holes were close but not perfect. I hope as I ride it longer it will form itself to the bike and make for easier installation. I'm now in the process of lowering the bike another inch and a quarter, I only have a 27" inseam, I think it will look cool and I need to slow down any way.
    Jakec, are you using the system from Lower Wing ? I have read good reviews about it and plan to go that route, please keep me in the loop.

I sure will chop top, I should be installing it this next weekend.

Great,will be looking forward to it.

Cool

I received an email that my seat was shipped Wed…one day early I am waiting for Progressive to come out with their F6B lowering front mono tubes….. I should be first in line @ Wing Stuff,,,,between that and the seat I should be able to reach the ground…although I don’t consider it an issue...
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Hi there, Mustang made a seat 1 in. lower, than why make the seating position further back by an inch. The lower seat is great for a short rider and now a longer reach to the bars. I guess i must be missing something.
    Does anyone with time on this seat have a review as to comfort?
    Looking to buy Mustang or Ultimate. I would like to be lower but not at the expense of comfort.

Thanks for any help..............Richie

Ordered my Mustang seat threw Value Accessories, a forum vender, threw a special promotion posted yesterday, all I can say is I got a HECK of a deal. Can't wait to get it.

Got my seat and did the install

After reading all the concerns about fit of the seat…I started with painters tape and marked where the bolts attached to the bike…laid the seat in place and began the installation…rights side no issues …used a long screw driver to get the seat in place…onto the left side….no issues…I did have a talk with the back bolt and it did begin to understand I wanted it to line up….. The fit is tight …the tolerances by the levers that open the seat are VERY TIGHT…. over all no big deal…30 mins start to finish…. Very nice seat!!! The seat is 1 “ lower but could not see any further back…the seat does not push you forward which was the major concern for me in buying this seat !!! Very Happy!!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Here are a couple of pics…..

Does cut of the seat eliminate any need for a backrest?
    I know the seat rises sharply behind rider, just curious if anybody still wants a backrest for more back support.
    13 F6B Deluxe I've taken the road less traveled, now where the hell am I?
    I don't buy a bike to impress other people, just me !!

IMHO…. no need for backrest !!!!