Right Saddlebag Latch Issue
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Right Saddlebag Latch Issue

Right Saddlebag Latch Issue

Was wondering if anyone has experienced this issue. When I unlock the saddlebags, the left one opens/unlatches normal. The right saddlebag sometimes fails to open, at times requiring several pulls on the latch to get it to catch whatever it catches to open the door. It's happened a few times, and I am worried that at some point it just wont open no matter how many times you pull on the lever. I understand that it is some kind of cable. I may need to take off that rear lid and investigate...

Was wondering if anyone has experienced this issue
    Nope, haven't heard of this issue before.

Quote Originally Posted by UTurn View Post
    Was wondering if anyone has experienced this issue. When I unlock the saddlebags, the left one opens/unlatches normal. The right saddlebag sometimes fails to open, at times requiring several pulls on the latch to get it to catch whatever it catches to open the door. It's happened a few times, and I am worried that at some point it just wont open no matter how many times you pull on the lever. I understand that it is some kind of cable. I may need to take off that rear lid and investigate...
    My F6B came with a warranty. Why take the chance of screwing around and possibly breaking something when the dealer gets paid to fix it.

The bags on my F6B work flawlessly. That was not the case with my '08 and '12 Goldwings. On both those motorcycles, the bags would stick opening and were hard to close.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bags

I use my side bags almost every day when I ride to work. I keep my work clothes and some gear in them. So far I haven't had any problems opening or closing my bags. Hope you gets things worked out.

Cool

I would pull the seat and lube the cables and see how that works out for you.....l
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

While on the subject do the 1800's have the open saddlebag door indication on the main display or is that new on the F6B?

Something isnt assembled right. You could pull the tail and see what it is, or you can let the dealer break tabs or scratch the paint. Take it back. Get your paint problems documented. Shop for farkles.

Quote Originally Posted by Retired Army View Post
    While on the subject do the 1800's have the open saddlebag door indication on the main display or is that new on the F6B?
    I had the open saddlebag display on my 2008 & 2012 GL1800's.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Uturn, I had the same problem, I sprayed some silicon on the latch and I also sprayed some on a rag and wiped it around the rubber seal and it solved the problem.
    Jakec