Right Saddlebag Latch Issue - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Right Saddlebag Latch Issue

Saddlebag Issues

THis weekend I took a trip and the same thing happened to me that you have described. I did have them pretty full so thought maybe when I closed the bags something inside was rubbing the cable and didnt let it pull right.

I will see if it continues. But I have a question as well. The dealership I bought my bike from is across town, am I correct to assume that I can take my bike to any authorized honda dealer and they will work on it when it pertains to the warranty or do I need to take it back the the dealer I bought it from?

Any honda dealer, any where. The dealer you bought it from might treat you better, but not necessarily.

I'm a ASE master mechanic with bike certs. If my F6B has a problem in the next seven years it's going to the dealer. Nobody on this list has one that's anywhere close to out of warranty. Let them fix it. Let them document the problems. If it turns out to be a manufacturing issue they will have TSBs with updated parts and procedures. It's not uncommon for the best manufacturer to have issues with first year products.

Maintenance is a whole different story.

Cool

You can always pull the seat and lube the cables....time is important as well....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Amen

Amen Brother! Any problems it goes in!

Quote Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
    Any honda dealer, any where. The dealer you bought it from might treat you better, but not necessarily.

I'm a ASE master mechanic with bike certs. If my F6B has a problem in the next seven years it's going to the dealer. Nobody on this list has one that's anywhere close to out of warranty. Let them fix it. Let them document the problems. If it turns out to be a manufacturing issue they will have TSBs with updated parts and procedures. It's not uncommon for the best manufacturer to have issues with first year products.

Maintenance is a whole different story.
    "Ride Shiny Side Up"

Thanks for the replies. I will bring it to the dealer likely as a last resort. I will try the simple thing of taking the seat off and seeing if there is something visable. If nothing is apparant, and if just lubing doesn't work, then it will go back to the/a dealer.