Purchasing "Torqloops"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Purchasing "Torqloops"

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar

Purchasing "Torqloops"

Where are you guys getting your Torqloops from? I went to the Torqmaster website and they are listed for $339 + $20 shipping.....They were $299 when I got my exhaust a few months back and I remember Wingstuff used to carry them. Do you have to get them direct from Jimmy now??? Thanks.....

Quote Originally Posted by GiddyupF6B View Post
    Where are you guys getting your Torqloops from? I went to the Torqmaster website and they are listed for $339 + $20 shipping.....They were $299 when I got my exhaust a few months back and I remember Wingstuff used to carry them. Do you have to get them direct from Jimmy now??? Thanks.....
    I was going to put them on mine. Then I found out that it VOIDS your warranty!. Just sayin...................Dickie

VOIDS your warranty on your exhaust.
    Honda dealers have been puting exhaust on bikes for ever.
    Ok he's done

Quote Originally Posted by Mustangjake View Post
    VOIDS your warranty on your exhaust.
    Honda dealers have been puting exhaust on bikes for ever.
    I don't want to cause a big argument on this subject But the Honda Dealer told me they Void the engine warranty. While I feel this may not exactly be true I'd hate to have to pay a lawyer and go through the crap to prove otherwise. So for me I'll do without them till my Warranty is out. I only said something about it to give you food for thought .....Dickie

Isn't there some difference between Honda dealers adding aftermarket pipes and someone cutting up the exhaust system to install these Tork Lopz deals???Just seems to me the Honda dealer may have a point.....

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar
    The torqloop kit comes with adapters to put the cats right back on if need be. To deny a warranty claim the company must first prove without a shadow of a doubt that the aftermarket part caused the initial claim. I'm not worried about being denied a warranty claim, I have heavily modified every motorcycle I've ever owned and will continue to do so. With that being said I guess no one has the answer to the question which was the purpose of this post.

Hey, hey, hey......to put this argument and issue to rest, let me say that when I and another person (that shall NOT be named) installed the Torq Loops on my bike on New Years Day.........that other person just so happens to be the owner of a Honda motorcycle dealership(s). He is about the most knowledgeable person I know of regarding these bikes, rides one himself, and whatever shop he is standing in...he will always be the sharpest tool in the room. Considering I take my bike to his dealership for things that I either can't, or won't do on my own, I am 99.314159 % confident that my bike will be covered under warranty for things that are not specifically related to the actual "exhaust" on this bike.

Any dealership, or any brand, of any vehicle can always cover their own butts by claiming that this or that will void a warranty, but a lot of common sense and logic will give a dealership the courage to stand up and work with a customer, and fight for that customer, when they think things out.

I still have my CATs...sitting in a box in my shop, and if Mother Honda ever wanted to give us a problem over the Torq Loops, we could reinstall the CATs in a couple hours, just to satisfy Mother Honda. But from outward appearances....no one would know that the CATs have been removed.

Last Note: I again want to reiterate to people, I do NOT recommend installing Torq Loops on these bikes. Keep your stock OEM exhaust.

And, Mike, you already have the answer to your original question, in a PM that was sent to you.

Cool

“miles=Keep your stock OEM exhaust.”……..only so he can be faster !!!!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    “miles=Keep your stock OEM exhaust.”……..only so he can be faster !!!!!!

I wish that were the reason, but the reality is that the Torq Loops are a mutha to install...right...the first time. I have contacted the manufacturer and offered advice as to how to improve the written instructions, and the idea of a smaller front clamp. IMHO, for the 99.314159% of you out there, they are not worth the install time and effort. The end result is nice, but...whew! A lot of work to make it fit right.

i think thats what i said
    Ok he's done