Purchasing "Torqloops" - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Purchasing "Torqloops"

Quote Originally Posted by Mustangjake View Post
    i think thats what i said

Yes, you did, and I am in agreement with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    Hey, hey, hey......to put this argument and issue to rest, let me say that when I and another person (that shall NOT be named) installed the Torq Loops on my bike on New Years Day.........that other person just so happens to be the owner of a Honda motorcycle dealership(s). He is about the most knowledgeable person I know of regarding these bikes, rides one himself, and whatever shop he is standing in...he will always be the sharpest tool in the room. Considering I take my bike to his dealership for things that I either can't, or won't do on my own, I am 99.314159 % confident that my bike will be covered under warranty for things that are not specifically related to the actual "exhaust" on this bike.
    There is a law (I can't recall the name of) that pretty much says that if the aftermarket part can not be proven the cause of the failure, then the warranty must be honored.

That, and Jimmy was a Honda factory rider and team mechanic for many years. His products are not "half baked", even though they have some minor installation speed-bumps every now and then..
    Please don't spook the road-sheep.

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    The reason why retailers are getting away from carrying these is because they are illegal as hell and jimmy knows this.

Making the statement that these are for "OFF-Road" use is BS specially when they are designed for a Street bike.

I am not here to judge, but there are federal LAWS against removing the Catalytic Converters. Just my 2 cents.

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    The reason why retailers are getting away from carrying these is because they are illegal as hell and jimmy knows this.

Making the statement that these are for "OFF-Road" use is BS specially when they are designed for a Street bike.

I am not here to judge, but there are federal LAWS against removing the Catalytic Converters. Just my 2 cents.
    I regret saying anything about the warranty issue. You can argue both sides but I was speaking from one such circumstance that happened to me fighting whether the after market part caused the catastrophic failure or not. I in fact quit HD because of it and now ride the F6B. Without giving details I assure you if the manufacture can blame it on an aftermarket part they will. Law against it or not I can assure you it will cost you a lot of money fighting them on it. I feel its best to just not cut the exhaust and install the Loops. But by all means you guys go for it and let me know how that works out for you...PS Maybe you have money to burn. I guess its none of my business. I was only showing concern for my brother forum members..................Dickie

I think that if any of us had any "common sense" we would take Miles advise and leave the stock mufflers on the F6B as Honda has done a decent job of building an exhaust that works for this motor....But, being the "bikers" that we are and wanting something different ,many of us have gone to aftermarket pipes, including me, and then wonder, at least I do, did I spend the money wisely or should I have left it stock....NAH,......

I will stick w/stock for a while but I will go after market at some point. Will just wait and see what sounds best and has minimal or no drone.

The more miles you put on the stock mufflers the better they sound!

Bought my Torq Loopz actually from my local Honda Dealer whom said nothing to me about voiding any warranty (of course this is Alabama and not the Peoples Republic of California). I do know that they can be a bear to install but the good news is the only other F6B rider in my town already installed them on his bike and has figured out the proper fitments. I do know that you should keep your old cats and Jimmie does provide a kit to re-install them if needed. My buddy whom has them on his (plus the Cobra exhaust) says that the performance improvement is worth the hassle of the install. He warned me that we'd be at it for a good 3 to 4 hours doing the work. When i do get to this mod I'll also most likely be adding the new Bassini exhaust that is being discussed on some of the other threads!
    Thanks Jim - a.k.a. Bama Bagger

"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny".

~ Thomas Jefferson