Anyone install the vsteam windshield
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone install the vsteam windshield

Anyone install the vsteam windshield

Anyone have any pics of the Vstream windshield installed on there F6B they could share. I am also interested In what you think of it. I had one on my GS adventure a couple of years ago and loved it. I can't seem to find a pic of one on an F6B

I emailed National Cycle to see if they plan on making a VStream for the F6B. Right now they only make them for regular Gold Wings. That windshield looks like it should provide the best overall wind protection. For the price they are asking I would want it to be a direct bolt on and wouldn't want to have to drill new holes for it to fit the F6B.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    No drillin. Might need some fender washers as the slots on GL shields are 'wider' than the 6's retaining washers

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    No drillin. Might need some fender washers as the slots on GL shields are 'wider' than the 6's retaining washers
    Interesting! Have you installed one or know someone that did? If so, how do they like it and any issues after the install as far as the shield moving around due to the larger slots?

Do not have the NC shield, but,,,,,,,,,

The 'Baggershield" that was installed on my F6B when I got if from HOR was actually the GL version,,, Had 3 (might have been 5) slots that were about as wide as the F6B shield retaining washers. Went to Lowes and got some fenderwashers to make sure it was secure.

Ordered a 'F6B' Baggershield and the slots were narrower. OEM retaining washers fit fine.

Another difference is how far the 'ears' come down on each side of the shield. GL shield is designed to move with the GL adjustable hardware. The ears don't come down as far on the sides as an F6B shield.

GL Baggershield:

Capture.jpg

F6B Baggershield:

Capture2.jpg

SHIELD

I started with this shield and was as satisfied as it could make it. I later purchased the Klox Work Shield which had a bunch of curvs in it and it allowed for a better air flow over my 6.1 frame on a mustang seat. So you have to take a lot into it. I like the curvy shield better. Of course the price is a big difference toooooo.

Quote Originally Posted by thunder217 View Post
    I started with this shield and was as satisfied as it could make it. I later purchased the Klox Work Shield which had a bunch of curvs in it and it allowed for a better air flow over my 6.1 frame on a mustang seat. So you have to take a lot into it. I like the curvy shield better. Of course the price is a big difference toooooo.
    Which shield did you have? The VSrteam or the Baggershield? Just want to clarify since currently there is no VStream made specifically for the F6B.

Here's a F6B with a Vstream shield. It was on a rental in Las Vegas.

Attachment 7824

Thanks Bobbyf6b for the pic!!!

EXCELLENT find, Bobby!!!!

That is a 'whole lotta shield'!!!

Would love to test it out!!!