Anyone with the Rivco Aero flip outs - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone with the Rivco Aero flip outs

I used a little black rubber self-stick button on the bottom of the pegs... it provides just enough friction to let any shoe or boot grab it and flic it open...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbvZYokjnoE

Quote Originally Posted by stepbill View Post
    I really like the look of the flip outs but was wondering how hard it is to open with the toe of your boot while riding?
    Mine are open 95% of the time!! I'm always on em! Riding these I think the boot makes the difference!!
    RIDE FREE/RIDE HARD/RIDE OFTEN

Nice looking highway pegs. Just curious what happens to the valve cover if the bike goes on it's side while the peg is deployed? Issue or not?

A month ago I would never has asked the question because the thought of dropping the F6B on it's side seemed like something that would never happen to me.... then it happened.. real slow in the garage.

shooter
    I have a set of chrome ones and I really like them. Easy to install. I can't open them with my foot. I saw a mod to drill and tap a stainless bolt in the bottom of the flip out so you can hook your boot on it and pull it out.

I found that if you put your toe of your shoe/boot in the middle of the peg instead of at the end, it is much easier to open them. You can also adjust the tension on the pegs to make them easier to open.
    2014 F6B Deluxe - Yellow