Mini floorboards for rider
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mini floorboards for rider

I've seen it on here somewhere guys but I'll throw this back out there. I'm looking for black mini-floorboards for my F6B. My left foot stays in down position and gets pretty uncomfortable after a while. I saw where the floorboards are lower and will give my big boot some breathing room. I would appreciate a source for floorboards and welcome your opinion on the subject also. I also saw where there was a concern of grinding the floorboards on the twisties. Well, back in the day...
    Lastly I saw a concern about kickstand access. I'm open for advice and recommendations. I was about to try and reposition my shifter but I'd rather do this if it is feasible.

Kuryakyn makes an all black mini board set that comes with the adapter for F6B and the drop mount. You can also tilt the boards forward a little bit for additional comfort. Kickstand access doesn't seem to be a problem for most riders since the boards are just over 5" long. The end of the stand is not covered by the board.

We are currently out of stock but expecting another set later this week.

http://www.texascyclechrome.com/prem...dsgl18blk.aspx
    Your friends at Texas Cycle Chrome
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by TCC View Post
    Kuryakyn makes an all black mini board set that comes with the adapter for F6B and the drop mount. You can also tilt the boards forward a little bit for additional comfort. Kickstand access doesn't seem to be a problem for most riders since the boards are just over 5" long. The end of the stand is not covered by the board.

We are currently out of stock but expecting another set later this week.

http://www.texascyclechrome.com/prem...dsgl18blk.aspx
    That's the info I was looking for. Thanks brother.

Installed Black Mini-Boards

I installed the black mini-boards yesterday. Although they are a 3/4 inch drop Vs the original pegs, they are also thinner. So I expect very little reduced cornering unless I pitch them way forward or back.
    Sorry about the different angles. That makes it difficult to accurately compare.
    original pegs.jpg20130529_152720.jpg

I've had my chrome/black ones for a couple of months now and like them much better than pegs.

image.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

changed the location of the mini boards to the farthest back adjustment. Now there is plenty of room for my boots under the shifter.

floorboards

Got em. Quick and easy install. Love the adjustment. Was able to tilt down slightly and back them up for my size 13 boot. Reasonable cost. I am so much happier with these and they are making my whole FB6 experience much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkknight View Post
    changed the location of the mini boards to the farthest back adjustment. Now there is plenty of room for my boots under the shifter.
    I did the same with mine as they are much more user friendly in that position. Also on the right side, because of the 3/4 " drop down, the rear brake pedal is easier to use.

Kury Mini Boards

Installed my Kury black, drop mount mini boards yesterday in the position as shipped by the factoy. Had a problem with the tight quarters under the shifter (with only a size 11 boot). I didn't mess with them at that time because it was 108 degrees out and I was done for the day. Today I adjusted them two notches/clicks down on the forward end. End of problem. Ideal access to the shifter and also a much better position to the brake pedal. There's no need for me to consider moving the boards rearward. I've never cared for the looks of large boards. I've also imagined that they would limit my ability to flex my ankles fore and aft to change the position of my feet for comfort. These mini boards eliminate that concern. There is an additional fringe benefit. The size and shape of the boards have eliminated the tendency of my pant cuffs to try getting hung up on the pegs as I put feet down. I'm a happy camper.

I put a set on my F6B and did not like the shifter clearance, and the fact that they do in fact reduce cornering clearance. I gave them to a friend of mine that also bought an F6B and he really likes them.