Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
Yes, I know how to install the Utopia backrest.

The Utopia website does not post instructions on the how-to, because there are so many different applications, for so many different bikes, that it would be a large task for them to post ALL of the individual how-to instructions. I will say that when you do receive the Utopia backrest, it does come with fairly good instructions, and pictures, showing the how-to installation for your bike.

It is not difficult to do. In fact, it is rather easy (said by someone that has done it already)

The most difficult part of the job, is making that first cut...into your seat cover, and through the seat foam. That cut....will give you pause.
Once you muster up the courage to make that first cut...you are then commited, and it will be easy from there forward.

TIP: Take your time before that first cut....make the measurements several times...mark the spot where you want to cut...with clearly visible marker...measure everything again, and again...then cut.

I actually installed mine on a RDL seat.
I was wondering if it could be used on the RDL seat. That will save a few bucks knowing. Thanks for that info Miles...................Dickie