Cost of center stand

Thread: Cost of center stand

Cost of center stand

I saw where HOR is selling a center stand on ebay for $114.00 including shipping. Is this a good price? For those that have installed their own center stand, was attaching the spring hard?

Quote Originally Posted by stepbill View Post
    I saw where HOR is selling a center stand on ebay for $114.00 including shipping. Is this a good price? For those that have installed their own center stand, was attaching the spring hard?
    Scored one off e-bay for $25.00. Mounting hardware was additional $30.00. Using flat washers between the spring coils made installation a breeze

Here's my original post!

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?1...tand-Installed

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    Scored one off e-bay for $25.00. Mounting hardware was additional $30.00. Using flat washers between the spring coils made installation a breeze

Here's my original post!

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?1...tand-Installed
    Thanks!!! I went to the honda parts fiche and looked up the individual parts and it way exceeds that price.

Buy it !!!!!! or check Ebay!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

stepbill, most of us that are buying the centerstands, are paying anwhere from $ 25.00 to $ 100.00. I got mine from HOR...was found on ebay, but I called them directly, and bought it, shipped to my house and total charge was $ 10.00, and it did include everything needed...meaning all the parts kit.

You do need to make sure the one you buy has ALL the parts and pieces, or...you will have to find them elsewhere.

You can do like bob109 did to install the spring, or like I did, which was simply to use a spring tool, or a phillips screwdriver, and stretch the spring just enough to get it to slide into place. Easy peasy.

An alternate to attaching the spring is to use a piece of strong twine with 2 small loops one at each end. One hooks on the end of the spring the other attached to the screwdriver Miles suggests. The twine allows you to maneuver the end of the spring to attach it easier. the screw driver let's you pull on the spring to stretch it. Mine was a tough stretch. That combination "got er done". That's also how my local mechanic does it. "For What it's Worth". ncf6b

I bought my center stand from HOR on ebay for the same buy it now price.
    Install is pretty straight forward. I used a old belt to stretch the spring into place took some muscle,but I got it done. Worth every penny

Quote Originally Posted by Ericb445 View Post
    I bought my center stand from HOR on ebay for the same buy it now price.
    Install is pretty straight forward. I used a old belt to stretch the spring into place took some muscle,but I got it done. Worth every penny
    Eric, you brought back memories. I was stationed at Blytheville AFB in Arkansas in 1988 and had to go to Scott AFB in your home town to have my knee operated on. Not sure if it was good or bad memories but it is now memories.

Centerstand

I did like some on here had did. I searched ebay for Goldwing centerstand and as long as it is off a newer model from 2002-present it will work. I found the cheapest one and ordered parts from Honda if I was missing any of the parts kit. I think I came out in the end paying only $35 total for mine.

Quote Originally Posted by stepbill View Post
    Eric, you brought back memories. I was stationed at Blytheville AFB in Arkansas in 1988 and had to go to Scott AFB in your home town to have my knee operated on. Not sure if it was good or bad memories but it is now memories.

Small world.
    My First Base in the Air Force was Seymour Johnson Air Force Base, Goldsboro, NC...
    When I got my orders at tech school I thought someone was messing with me ...................Seymour Johnson? Really See-More-Johnson?
    This can NOT be a REAL Air Force Base?
    Who is the Base Commander Colonel Sanders?