Thinking about a New Goldwing - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Thinking about a New Goldwing

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    Choptop, first...well written. Secondly, I wanted to edit my long post above, to include a little bit of riding history on HDs, to make you feel more at home.

Back in '91, I rode my '89 FLHT-C to a BMW rally up in Lower British Columbia, just south of Penticton. At this rally of about 250 bikes, there were a total of two HDs, maybe two Yamahas, maybe two Suzuki, maybe two Honda...and all the rest were BMWs. It was, after all, a BMW rally.
    During the weekends event, they has field events, on the bikes, and I mean it was a serious hardcore FIELD...not a paved parking lot, but a field with gophoer mounds, lumps of grass, etc. There were 7 field events that solo riders could enter. At the end of the day...at the nights dinner party...they handed out the awards for the field events. When all was said and done, I rode that '89 Electra Glide to 7 first place finishes, and made sure I wore my dirtiest HD t-shirt at the awards party, so I could walk up to the front 7 times to receive my little trophies. It was hilarious, and showed all those BMW riders that an full dressed HD could out-perform all their BMWs in handling skills.

A good time was had by...some.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustangjake View Post
    We'll I didn't buy it today.
    Why not?

I (still) have no need for what a full wing offers,,,, (Kinda like a single guy doesn't need a decked-out station wagon. )

I have no need for it. it's just cool
    Ok he's done

Quote Originally Posted by Mustangjake View Post
    I have no need for it. it's just cool
    Yes, it's real cool but that yellow F6B is my new favorite. Ya know my wife already hates you guys & this forum for all the great recommendations I've collected - and the new parts. If I could just ride like Miles it'd really be great.

I tried to order a Yellow Deluxe but was told not available. I could get a 2014 Black deluxe or a 2014 Yellow base model.

I'm sure Miles spends a lot of money on assessories also.
    Ok he's done