Torq Master Exhaust - Page 4
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Torq Master Exhaust

Yeah, he's been doing this for a long time. He used to be a factory racer back-in-the-day.
    Please don't spook the road-sheep.

Anyone like Jet hot or any Ceramic coater can coat the chrome covers leading to your pipes. I had mine done at http://www.polydyn.com/index.htm here in Houston.

I've done JetHot to manifolds before, but never any bike parts so far.

If you have a turbo, use JetHot 2000 on the exhaust manifold; the normal coating will burn off the exhaust manifold inside of a year (temps are too high).
    Please don't spook the road-sheep.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkknight View Post

I like the look of these King Snake pipes from Torq Master. It's a toss up between the Snakes and the Daytonas. Jimmy answered my questions about the clamp cover.
    Did you decide on the King Snake or Daytonas? what are you going to do about the exhaust covers?

I like the Inverted King Snakes done in black nickel! Kinda matches the slope of the rear saddlebags... I have just emailed Wingstuff to see if it is possible to order them in black nickel since they don't offer this option on their website.

TorqMaster Pipes Black update

I ordered the Daytonas... just an update:

I spoke to Jimmy at torqmaster yesterday(6/27/13). I ordered the black pipes on 6/6 and was still waiting yesterday. They were sent back for recoat. Jimmy said he didn't like them so he sent them back and will call me today to tell me where in the process they are and when I might expect them.

So there are 2 ways to think about this...
    1)It's a new process and there will be bumps in the road. Do I want to be the Guinea Pig and pay big dollars to do it?
    2)Jimmy won't let anything but the best pass his inspection so we will be satisfied down the road.

Well, we are going to pay big dollars for black pipes from any manufacturer.
    I'm taking the leap of faith and going with option #2 at this point. Betting the Jimmy is a perfectionist and will deliver a super quality product.

I'll update this post after I hear what's going on.

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkknight View Post
    I ordered the Daytonas... just an update:

I spoke to Jimmy at torqmaster yesterday(6/27/13). I ordered the black pipes on 6/6 and was still waiting yesterday. They were sent back for recoat. Jimmy said he didn't like them so he sent them back and will call me today to tell me where in the process they are and when I might expect them.

So there are 2 ways to think about this...
    1)It's a new process and there will be bumps in the road. Do I want to be the Guinea Pig and pay big dollars to do it?
    2)Jimmy won't let anything but the best pass his inspection so we will be satisfied down the road.

Well, we are going to pay big dollars for black pipes from any manufacturer.
    I'm taking the leap of faith and going with option #2 at this point. Betting the Jimmy is a perfectionist and will deliver a super quality product.

I'll update this post after I hear what's going on.
    I ordered a set of black chrome Daytona's with front shields as well on 6-19. I feel fairly confident after talking with Jimmy on the phone several times that he will deliver us a quality product. I also believe if for some reason down the road we have quality issues that he will stand behind his product (providing that we have taken care of them). This is just a gut feeling from several conversations and I obviously have no factual history to back this up but I've ordered tons of bike parts from many different vendors and have a good feeling about this guy. Time will tell.......I hope I don't have to wait a month for my pipes, I'm foaming at the mouth here! Bike only has 300 miles on it and I already have a scary amount of stuff on the way. Can't wait to start modding this beast! Giddy

Quote Originally Posted by GiddyupF6B View Post
    I ordered a set of black chrome Daytona's with front shields as well on 6-19. I feel fairly confident after talking with Jimmy on the phone several times that he will deliver us a quality product. I also believe if for some reason down the road we have quality issues that he will stand behind his product (providing that we have taken care of them). This is just a gut feeling from several conversations and I obviously have no factual history to back this up but I've ordered tons of bike parts from many different vendors and have a good feeling about this guy. Time will tell.......I hope I don't have to wait a month for my pipes, I'm foaming at the mouth here! Bike only has 300 miles on it and I already have a scary amount of stuff on the way. Can't wait to start modding this beast! Giddy

ordered mine as well a week ago.Jimmy seems like a great guy and time will tell about his product.He told me the pipes are made he just needs to send them out for the black chrome so I can't see that being that long of a wait.

Does Jimmy offer a cheaper price then Wingstuff? Is Wingstuff te reason why he doesn't ship to California?

They look nice. Are there any dyno figures for these pipes?

Since jimmy doesn't ship to California, I made an enquiry through WIngstuff. This was their response:

"Hello Simon,

I got hold of Torq Master and asked you question of them. The Inverted King Snakes are available in Black Nickle, but are a special order item and will take at least three weeks to manufacture before they can be shipped. Price of the mufflers are $899.

If you have an interest, please give me a call at the number below."

$899?