My New Mustang Seat - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My New Mustang Seat

Quote Originally Posted by Memphian View Post
    Thanks Choptop!!!
    Significant other city big box showed up today.

I can't believe that I did it cause I have always loved Russell Day Long but I ordered the Mustang seat with the ridges from Cruisercustomizing. To me you can't beat the looks, just hope that it feels as good as it looks!. They said the estimated shipping date was 3/23/14.

Quote Originally Posted by Memphian View Post
    I ordered a Mustang seat also but I'm still awaiting delivery. How long did it take for delivery after you ordered your seat. I've owned two other Mustang seats and I'm eager to receive mine.
    Memphian,
    I ordered mine on EBay on a Thuesday and had it on the following Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by stepbill View Post
    I can't believe that I did it cause I have always loved Russell Day Long but I ordered the Mustang seat with the ridges from Cruisercustomizing. To me you can't beat the looks, just hope that it feels as good as it looks!. They said the estimated shipping date was 3/23/14.
    If anyone has ordered from us, more will be shipping out in the next couple of days.
    Rick

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzzPhotos View Post
    Memphian,
    I ordered mine on EBay on a Thuesday and had it on the following Thursday.
    Kind of upsets me. I just checked Ebay and they have the seat for the same price that cruisercustomizing is selling it for and I could have it by the 19th of this month - with free shipping. Hate to take a sale away from a sponser but what is a rider/customer supposed to do?

I ordered mine on Ebay as well .. said it was supposed to be here today. Got a phone call from shipper saying is on back order from manufacturer ... will be another week now .. no biggie as i'm in chicago and can't see the drive way due to 8 inches of snow ... AARRRGGGHHHH!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stepbill View Post
    Kind of upsets me. I just checked Ebay and they have the seat for the same price that cruisercustomizing is selling it for and I could have it by the 19th of this month - with free shipping. Hate to take a sale away from a sponser but what is a rider/customer supposed to do?
    Is it .....REALLY in stock and ready to ship? Mustang has a lot of dealers and most likely fills orders as received. Depending on when the dealer placed the order will determine who will have a seat for you. Our supporting vendors (including a new one) seem to do a good job of keeping stock.

Received mine today. Fine looking seat, after about a half hour of aggravation w/trying to get the bolts lined up and started I decided F it, am ordering the pointy bolts from Wingstuff . Not going any where in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Received mine today. Fine looking seat, after about a half hour of aggravation w/trying to get the bolts lined up and started I decided F it, am ordering the pointy bolts from Wingstuff . Not going any where in the near future.
    Try lining it up with a Phillips Screwdriver. The Mustang guy on the video makes it look easy, but he obviously has practiced just a little.
    Some seats are a little difficult, this is one of them. We have had a few of them over the years like this, make sure you just start everything then tighten after both sides are started.
    The Video may help. We did ask Mustang about providing pointy head bolts with the seats, they are looking into it but I don't think they are going to do it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1tNgEi5iZc

Quote Originally Posted by rickw View Post
    Try lining it up with a Phillips Screwdriver. The Mustang guy on the video makes it look easy, but he obviously has practiced just a little.
    Some seats are a little difficult, this is one of them. We have had a few of them over the years like this, make sure you just start everything then tighten after both sides are started.
    The Video may help. We did ask Mustang about providing pointy head bolts with the seats, they are looking into it but I don't think they are going to do it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1tNgEi5iZc
    It always looks easy when they do it, no big thing, a reason to order some more stuff.