Fairing lighting

Thread: Fairing lighting

Fairing lighting

About a week ago someone mentioned a light kit for the behind the "cat eye slits" in the front of the fairing, can't find the post, a little help please.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    About a week ago someone mentioned a light kit for the behind the "cat eye slits" in the front of the fairing, can't find the post, a little help please.
    I think you are referring to this reply by Miles:
    A suggestion

Elin, if I may make a suggestion, please take a look at these lights:

http://bikemp3.com/2012-GL1800-Bar-D...GW-LGT-BAR.htm

and here:

http://wingstuff.com/products/35332-...?from_search=1

The first link is to these lights at Bike MP3, and the second link is to the same lights, offered through WingStuff.

I can tell you that both Kevin (kjelders) and I have these lights on our bikes, his being white, and mine being yellow, and it realy looks good.

The point being...for YOUR bike, the newly painted from fairing valance, shows a face and hair. If you install these lights as they are shown in the links supplied, it will make it look like the eyes on the face of your fairing are lit up.

Very easy to install, and easy to wire up. Especialy since you already have the front valance loose, it is even easier.

Kevin has his wired up to run all the time. Mine are wired to act as running lights, and...as turn signals. The reason mine are yellow, is because I put one layer of yellow lens tape on top of the lights, so they now match my lower cowling driving lights, with the yellow tinted lens.

Just a suggestion. If you decide to do it, I can offer wiring info, to make it easier.

Thank you, I do believe that's it.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Ride it like you stole it

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar
    I have them and they are pretty cool. I didn't like the fact that the background that the led's are mounted on are yellow and stick out like a sore thumb when they're not on. I used a light coat of Nightshades to lightly tint them so they have a light black look to them. You can't see them anymore when they're off, the downside is they're not as bright as F6B-Rich's but still look cool.

With the yellow background

Here is what they look like tinted...

Lit up.....

You could also probably just stop by your local autoparts store and pick up a set of the 6" white LED's for $20 and accomplish the same thing. I think that's what I'm gonna do. Either way it's a cool look for sure!

I believe DDM tuning has those light you may check them out,
    I have used their HID head lights 3 different bikes never had
    problem.