Am I the first Cuban Here!?!?!?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Am I the first Cuban Here!?!?!?

Am I the first Cuban Here!?!?!?

Hello,

I want to introduce myself. I was born in Cuba but I have been living in the USA almost as long as I lived in the land where the president can talk on TV with a big cigar on his hand. I have been riding for 7 years and my last bike was a Honda ST1300 and I can say that I am sticking with Honda. Had to let the bike go due to starting my engineering career and buying a house and paying off debt from college, etc. Now I am ready to buy a new bike and I am loving the F6B. I have always wanted a Goldwing, but I was under 30. I just turned 30 and I received an email from my Honda Dealer saying that now I am eligible for a goldwing. Anyways, I am looking at a Red or Yellow F6B, however, I saw a blue Goldwing recetnly, 2013 year and loved it also. Anyone bought a F6B and wished they had forked the extra buck for a goldwing? Also, I need to carry a laptop for work often and I was wondering if a laptop bag fits in the saddle bags or if you carry a backpack.

Thanks

Juan

Quote Originally Posted by juan3268 View Post
    Hello,

I want to introduce myself. I was born in Cuba but I have been living in the USA almost as long as I lived in the land where the president can talk on TV with a big cigar on his hand. I have been riding for 7 years and my last bike was a Honda ST1300 and I can say that I am sticking with Honda. Had to let the bike go due to starting my engineering career and buying a house and paying off debt from college, etc. Now I am ready to buy a new bike and I am loving the F6B. I have always wanted a Goldwing, but I was under 30. I just turned 30 and I received an email from my Honda Dealer saying that now I am eligible for a goldwing. Anyways, I am looking at a Red or Yellow F6B, however, I saw a blue Goldwing recetnly, 2013 year and loved it also. Anyone bought a F6B and wished they had forked the extra buck for a goldwing? Also, I need to carry a laptop for work often and I was wondering if a laptop bag fits in the saddle bags or if you carry a backpack.

Thanks

Juan
    Welcome Juan! One of the reasons I moved to the F6B is to have a place to stow my laptop (15"), backpack, and gym bag for the work commute, and sometimes even pack my lunch. I love it, just the right amount of storage without the top trunk, which I think you have to hit 60 years old to get the eligibility letter from Honda for.

Good luck in your decision and ride safe!

-->Russ

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by austin_tech View Post
    I think you have to hit 60 years old to get the eligibility letter from Honda for.

-->Russ

Hey, hey, hey, hey ..... easy now, I'm in my mid 40's and have thoroughly enjoyed my COUCH Rocket for 3 years.

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    Hey, hey, hey, hey ..... easy now, I'm in my mid 40's and have thoroughly enjoyed my COUCH Rocket for 3 years.

I was rolling with Juan's humor on that, folks!

I was rolling with Juan's humor on that, folks!

Humor was well taken, just showing my appreciation I'm still 25 in my mind

I had the same thoughts years ago about the "OLD Man's" bike stigma on the GL1800 until I rode one ....... bought it on the spot and she is still in my stable next to my other rides

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

I don't feel age has anything to do with the issue...If the Wing works for you, then you will be happy...If the F6B works for your needs/style then buy it...I have seen 30 year olds on Goldwings and 70 year olds as well...I am 74 and have had both type bikes, but now the F6B works better for me as it has a lower seat, lighter, and much more fun to ride.....Good Luck on your choice....

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    Humor was well taken, just showing my appreciation I'm still 25 in my mind

I had the same thoughts years ago about the "OLD Man's" bike stigma on the GL1800 until I rode one ....... bought it on the spot and she is still in my stable next to my other rides
    If I'm not mistaken, you have one or more of those badass Runes in your stable, too

If I'm not mistaken, you have one or more of those badass Runes in your stable, too
    Watcha talkin bout Willis ?

from NJ
    Ride it like you stole it

Quote Originally Posted by juan3268 View Post
    Hello,

Thanks

Juan
    First off get the black F6B its faster.Second depends on the size laptop.I tried to get a 18 inch laptop in the saddlebags and Third I do not need all the extra stuff that a full Goldwing has
    Ride it like you stole it