What a machine! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What a machine!

This bike is a "GT" in the classic sense; just the right blend of luxury, comfort, practicality and performance. With Goldwing build quality and reliability. So much better and well-rounded a package than my Multistrada 1200, at about the same price.

If somebody's in the market for a sport bike, an adventure bike, a retro classic, a lightweight day tripper... well, this is not the bike for you. But if anybody's in the sport touring market they should look at this bike before they pull the trigger on an FJR, K1600, ST1300, Multistrada, GS, you name it. I suspect many don't because of the Goldwing name and the weight, but that's a mistake. What you gain in comfort, storage, weather protection, wind protection and ride quality while sacrificing somewhat in ground clearance and weight represents too great a bargain to ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by motozeke View Post
    So much better and well-rounded a package than my Multistrada 1200, at about the same price.
    Wow!

That statement would create quite a stir on the Multistrada board. Have you posted it there? Since you have both, you must qualified to compare.

What don't you like about your Multi? What year is it, and are you planning to sell it? I tend to think they are very different bikes, but the more I ride my F6B, the more I realize that the perceived bulk of the F6 is just plastic, and if you can get your mind past that, you can throw it around just like any other bike...

What year is your Multi? I do know that Ducati made some improvements for 2013 which made it much smoother and more enjoyable...
    Re-tired, or Re-tard. Depends on your attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by motozeke View Post
    This bike is a "GT" in the classic sense; just the right blend of luxury, comfort, practicality and performance. With Goldwing build quality and reliability. So much better and well-rounded a package than my Multistrada 1200, at about the same price.

If somebody's in the market for a sport bike, an adventure bike, a retro classic, a lightweight day tripper... well, this is not the bike for you. But if anybody's in the sport touring market they should look at this bike before they pull the trigger on an FJR, K1600, ST1300, Multistrada, GS, you name it. I suspect many don't because of the Goldwing name and the weight, but that's a mistake. What you gain in comfort, storage, weather protection, wind protection and ride quality while sacrificing somewhat in ground clearance and weight represents too great a bargain to ignore.
    I hear ya, hence my signature!

In fact, if I had a wish list it would be for Honda to recognize the alter ego of the GL1800, jazz up the ride just a notch and call it an ST1800.
    Floats Like a Butterfly, Stings Like a "B"
    What does the B stand for? B-Courteous. B-Safe. B-Seen.....B-CNU on the road!

Quote Originally Posted by motoman View Post
    Wow!

That statement would create quite a stir on the Multistrada board. Have you posted it there? Since you have both, you must qualified to compare.

What don't you like about your Multi? What year is it, and are you planning to sell it? I tend to think they are very different bikes, but the more I ride my F6B, the more I realize that the perceived bulk of the F6 is just plastic, and if you can get your mind past that, you can throw it around just like any other bike...

What year is your Multi? I do know that Ducati made some improvements for 2013 which made it much smoother and more enjoyable...
    I have a 2011 S Touring, and I've been threatening to sell it for over a year (I am going to sell it, I've just been too busy to get it ready to go out the door). I know the suspension and fueling have been improved, but not dramatically.

Even though the F6 is hundreds of pounds heavier, because of how the F6 manages its weight it actually is a lot easier to handle at walking pace. The Multi is superbly balanced under way and certainly feels lighter on its feet than the F6, and it is revvier and more powerful, but that's where the advantages stop. I find it to be loud, uncomfortable, cramped, and the bags are too small. I think as a sport touring platform the F6 has it beat, unless you really want to tear it up in the twisties and then I suspect with equally matched riders the Multi would leave the F6 behind. That's not how I ride anyway, so I won't miss it.

Adios, Multi!