FJR or F6B - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FJR or F6B

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    If not already mentioned, the FJR and the F6B are apples & oranges.
    F6B - heavy cruiser
    FJR - sport tourer
    Different tools for different missions.
    Cheers,
    Steve

This was my exact thought. Both are nice but don't really compare in class.

I have both in the garage, an '07A FJR and a '16 F6B Deluxe. I think the thing that really leans me to telling you to go for the F6B, if you are a one bike house, is your height. The FJR is a top heavy beast, and if you have to lean it to get one foot on the ground, you are that much closer to dropping it. I kept my FJR when buying the B earlier this year, primarily due to the fact that the book value of the FJR is much lower than it is worth to me, and I'm glad I did. I have no intention of adding hard luggage to the B, and on long trips, I like to have my stuff locked up. The FJR, with bigger side cases, a top box and Smuggler, gives me plenty of room. I didn't make the F6B rally in Pigeon Forge this year, due to Harvey, but I am leaving for Maggie Valley on Saturday, and I'll be taking the FJR...

As Steve said: Different machines for sure.
    I sold my FJR for the F6B.
    The FJR was a great bike but I just could not get comfortable on it.
    The F6B, on the other hand, is perfect for me....love it.

I had an 05 fjr. RDL, bar risers, & throttle lock made it an all day sucker. Loved that bike.

Mike

I know this thread started awhile back, but for me this is a great topic .. I used to own a Honda ST1300, currently own a full-size touring bike (Victory Vision), and am contemplating trading the Vision for an F6B. The 2018 redesign of the F6B might just be too great to pass up .. love it .. and I think it will be a better bike than the BMW bagger (K1600B).

They are so different from each other that I don't think I could stay happy with just one of them. So, I now have both a 2013 F6B and a 2013 FJR in my garage I'm loving the FJR but I still love the F6B. On the other hand, I don't miss my ST1300........
    Riding the upward spiral.