Those of you still having snot (snow) and slice (ice) might enjoy this past weekend's mileage on the Red Queen...

I had a fabulous four-day weekend in Ls Vegas and environs on the Red Queen. Here's a video coming out of the Valley of Fire, yesterday, done holding the phone until I absolutely HAD to downshift on the 6% grade to the visitor's center.
And here's a picture of the Red Queen in the middle of the Mojave National Preserve. Around 175 miles of NOTHING but silence and beautiful vistas. Temps in the 60s and not much wind. Later I got drenched in the pass west of Palm Springs, but had my Frog Toggs to keep me dry (for the most part). A real gully washer of a storm with 3-4" in the gutters made me appreciate taking the rain gear!

Here's the Red Queen parked in the silence and austerity of the Mojave National Preserve. I had to take a pee break, and there was a good little gully, and just no cars coming for miles and miles and Miles.

Attachment 4365

And then there was the award for "best bike" at the Winter Nationals of Women in the Wind for that Red Queen paint job. I be one happy camper. Tired tonight, having a couple of White Russians and a nice fire in the fireplace.

Attachment 4364