battery

Thread: battery

battery

Got my new bike delivered with what was essentially a dead battery. 6 seconds of cranking after a cold night and the solenoid was clicking. If then spent a -10 degrees night basically dead. Should I feel it will be good to go with a good charging or should I be suspect of it.

Unless and older battery sits long enough to sulphate it can usually be restored.

A new battery can be fully charged and used indefinitely.

Don't be in a hurry!

Don't charge at a high rate, a Battery Tender will do an excellent job over a period of time (Give it 24 hrs.). If the light goes steady green the battery is ready for service.

+1.............
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Thanks guys.

I'd take it back. Yes, a battery can be resurrected, but it will never really be the same, and it may have lost a couple of years of life.

Especially on the F6B, the battery is in the bike until sold and unless the dealer has been charging it regularly, it is discharging.

You are entitiled to a fully charged new battery on your new bike. If he dealer tries to tell you it's fine, I'd say well then you can have it and I'll take a new one please!
    Re-tired, or Re-tard. Depends on your attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Got my new bike delivered with what was essentially a dead battery. 6 seconds of cranking after a cold night and the solenoid was clicking. If then spent a -10 degrees night basically dead. Should I feel it will be good to go with a good charging or should I be suspect of it.
    Any of us woulda been a little bent. At least it's an easy fix.

Quote Originally Posted by motoman View Post
    I'd take it back. Yes, a battery can be resurrected, but it will never really be the same, and it may have lost a couple of years of life.

Especially on the F6B, the battery is in the bike until sold and unless the dealer has been charging it regularly, it is discharging.

You are entitiled to a fully charged new battery on your new bike. If he dealer tries to tell you it's fine, I'd say well then you can have it and I'll take a new one please!
    Finally got a response from them after I sent the General manager an email yesterday,supposedly the Service manager is going to give me a call and send me out new battery.

Persistence pays off!

Be sure to get a battery tender and keep the new battery new.

Quote Originally Posted by 4DI2D View Post
    Persistence pays off!

Be sure to get a battery tender and keep the new battery new.

Hooked up to one right now.

I keep my battery tender near both of my bikes...a real must have for these long Winters!
    Thanks Jim - a.k.a. Bama Bagger

"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny".

~ Thomas Jefferson