Cobra 6 Pipes - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Cobra 6 Pipes

COBRA THREEE AND THREE

I simply loved these pipes but they rusted so badly I had to contact Cobra and they eventually replaced one of them and would not replace the other that had the most rust because it had a minor scrape on it. They cleaned that one up for me and returned them to me. I eventually sold the returned pipes and went with the TBR pipes that sound just as well. LOL I did love the look of the COBRAS but hatted the amount of rust after one season.

Quote Originally Posted by thunder217 View Post
    I simply loved these pipes but they rusted so badly I had to contact Cobra and they eventually replaced one of them and would not replace the other that had the most rust because it had a minor scrape on it. They cleaned that one up for me and returned them to me. I eventually sold the returned pipes and went with the TBR pipes that sound just as well. LOL I did love the look of the COBRAS but hatted the amount of rust after one season.
    Yup, that's the Cobra that I remember. RUST CITY! Maybe I should start another thread and ask people with Cobra pipes how much trouble they are having with rust?

Installed Cobra 6 two 6 with Torque Loopz

Installed Cobra 6 two 6 with Torque Loopz this week 3/1/17 - definitely not a task for the light hearted and definitely not for those who are impatient. I chose the Cobra's for looks and sound after watching a lot of you tube clips etc... I chose to leave all the baffles in. I had to remove a good bit of plastic and shielding to get to the CAT's without damaging anything else - big advocate of measure 3 times and cut once. Everything went together fairly smoothly but it was difficult to eliminate exhaust leaks - I used some exhaust sealer to get it sealed. The exhaust transition covers were a bear to fit perfect and required a little trimming on the left side. Adaptation both slow at idle and cruising speed, took longer than expected and it seemed to help when I took the revs up to 4k rpm. No drone, no annoying wake the neighbors up bark - unless I nailed the throttle. I slight fart if I back off the throttle quick. Hoping I don't suffer the rust others have. This thread seemed a little old so anyone who wants to chime in with new Cobra info, please do.
    Be Careful What YOU Wish For

couple years later

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    A few people reported some minor rust issues with early generation pipes, 2013 model year, around the fittings where the pipes were bolted on to the header pipes, so to speak...I drilled a small hole under the pipe where it connects to the stock set-up to drain any moisture and no issues after 3 years of use...Look like new so far and still sound great to me....Ride safe
    @opas ride - still running your Cobras? how they looking?

Quote Originally Posted by tiltingf6b View Post
    @opas ride - still running your Cobras? how they looking?
    Yes sir I am, and they look and sound great...Going into the 4th riding season soon and they look as good as the day they were installed back in late 2013. Drilling the small holes underneath, where they clamp to stock pipes, virtually eliminated any rust issues as any condensation seems to drain out from there...I do hit the area once in while with some rust remover polish or WD 40 and so far all is good....I personally have gotten rather used to the slight "drone" at certain speeds, but it is easy to change with throttle positions....Regards and ride safe

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Yes sir I am, and they look and sound great...Going into the 4th riding season soon and they look as good as the day they were installed back in late 2013. Drilling the small holes underneath, where they clamp to stock pipes, virtually eliminated any rust issues as any condensation seems to drain out from there...I do hit the area once in while with some rust remover polish or WD 40 and so far all is good....I personally have gotten rather used to the slight "drone" at certain speeds, but it is easy to change with throttle positions....Regards and ride safe
    @opas ride - thanks for the update - I used the torque loopz and have no drone that I can notice - more pleasant actually than the OEM to me. thanks again.