Cobra 6 Pipes - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Cobra 6 Pipes

I guess it just sounds weird to me since I've been on v-twins for so many years. Hopefully it will grow on me. If not, I may try something with the crossover. Who knows.

I think it's been discussed here before,but I'am thinking that a couple of forum members installed the torque loops and the drone went away. I have the Torque Master slip on's and have the same problem...Bob

Bobby, I removed the baffle from the top pipe (longest) on each side and put the baffles back in the other 2 pipes on both sides. I found this setup the best for sound and least amount of drone.
    KJ
    SOLD 2013 F6B Black Deluxe
    2014 Victory Cross Country Tour
    EZRIDE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Does running with one baffle out have any negative effects on the back pressures or the performance of the bike..Seems to me that over time it would "screw"something up?..Obviously, the Cobra people told me not to do it as it would cause un-even performance of the exhaust which was designed to run with the baffles.....Just curious as I have the "dreaded drone".....

I really don't think it matters how many baffles you run, the bikes computer will (should) compensate. The exhaust is just going to follow the path of least resistance. I'll have to try installing two baffles on each side after I clean them up.

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Does running with one baffle out have any negative effects on the back pressures or the performance of the bike..Seems to me that over time it would "screw"something up?..Obviously, the Cobra people told me not to do it as it would cause un-even performance of the exhaust which was designed to run with the baffles.....Just curious as I have the "dreaded drone".....

When I initially installed the Cobras, I did so without any baffles. It was too loud, (and I'm saying that coming from a Harley) and the other thing was not much back compression.

Putting two baffles back in on the shorter two pipes lessen the drone and put the back compression back to "normal". The longer of the 3 Cobra pipes sticks out beyond the saddlebags. Therefore the sound isn't resonating under the saddlebags.
    KJ
    SOLD 2013 F6B Black Deluxe
    2014 Victory Cross Country Tour
    EZRIDE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks, I give it a try if the damn weather ever clears up here in Michigan...Winter "sucks".....

Thank you guys! I get my new cobras in a few days and I will try pulling the top baffle!!

Update

Well I put the bottom two baffles back in and it's MUCH better! I think you have to pull the baffles out and ride for a couple days to appreciate them. More updates to come.

Thanks, for the info and please keep us posted...I have not had a chance to pull the one baffle yet as the Michigan weather "sucks" so far..I love the Cobra pipes , just not real happy with the drone...Do you still notice this noise when you run with one baffle out or is it more tolerable?....Thanks