RUSH black pipes - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: RUSH black pipes

I have Rush installed and have done several long trips and they are great. I did start off with 2.5 mufflers and they were just a little too "deep" for me, went down to the next smaller diameter and they are still mellow but not as deep. Get many compliments on the sound. for the price you cannot go wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by LSA376 View Post
    I have a used set for sale if interested. $275.00 plus shipping.
    Still for sale? I'm interested.

Pics and sound clips please

Hey guys,
    How about posting pics and sound clips of your Rush (extended tips) exhaust.
    Looking to hear your exhaust with the 2.25" or the newest 2.0" baffles.

Thanks in advance!!

Gperson

Rush loud scale

Quote Originally Posted by Gperson View Post
    Hey guys,
    How about posting pics and sound clips of your Rush (extended tips) exhaust.
    Looking to hear your exhaust with the 2.25" or the newest 2.0" baffles.

Thanks in advance!!

Gperson
    I also would like to hear this. I would also like to have a scale to get idea of how loud they are compared to the stock pipes. For example 1 being the quietness and 10 being the loudest. So if you have the 2.5 baffles that would be the loudest so that would be a 10. The 2.25 baffles that would be a 8 on the scale and the 2.0 baffles would a 6 on the scale. So with that said where would the stock pipes fall on the scale from 1 to 10. Thank for the info I think this would give a better idea of what people are wonder how loud the rush pipes are.

Rush pipes

Quote Originally Posted by dickiedeals View Post
    Yea, What he said!..................Dickie
    I would also like to have a scale to get idea of how loud they are compared to the stock pipes. For example 1 being the quietness and 10 being the loudest. So if you have the 2.5 baffles that would be the loudest so that would be a 10. The 2.25 baffles that would be a 8 on the scale and the 2.0 baffles would a 6 on the scale. So with that said where would the stock pipes fall on the scale from 1 to 10. Thank for the info I think this would give a better idea of what people are wonder how loud the rush pipes are.

Quote Originally Posted by SHOCKER7718 View Post
    I would also like to have a scale to get idea of how loud they are compared to the stock pipes. For example 1 being the quietness and 10 being the loudest. So if you have the 2.5 baffles that would be the loudest so that would be a 10. The 2.25 baffles that would be a 8 on the scale and the 2.0 baffles would a 6 on the scale. So with that said where would the stock pipes fall on the scale from 1 to 10. Thank for the info I think this would give a better idea of what people are wonder how loud the rush pipes are.
    The stock pipes would be a 2 on the loudness scale. With Rush, I started out with the 2.5" baffles but went to the 2.25 to tone it down a bit. Then splurged on the extended tips (Rush part # 4025B) and went back to the 2.5" baffles. I'll probably be leaving it this way. I get a lot of compliments on the appearance and the sound of the Rush units.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce B View Post
    The stock pipes would be a 2 on the loudness scale. With Rush, I started out with the 2.5" baffles but went to the 2.25 to tone it down a bit. Then splurged on the extended tips (Rush part # 4025B) and went back to the 2.5" baffles. I'll probably be leaving it this way. I get a lot of compliments on the appearance and the sound of the Rush units.
    Black Rush Pipes 4025B Tips 2 1/2 baffle Powder coated heat Shields. Get great comments all the time on looks and sound. Even from Harley Riders. Went to The HD Dealer in East Orlando Fl. with my buddy yesterday(Getting 10000 mile service) and was quite surprised at the positive comments I got on my F6B. The service manager even took it for a test ride. Came back with a smile on his face.......Sorry I didn't mean to high jack the Thread..................Dickie

Rush tips

Why did you go back to the 2.5 does the longer tips make that much of a difference in the sound ?

Quote Originally Posted by SHOCKER7718 View Post
    Why did you go back to the 2.5 does the longer tips make that much of a difference in the sound ?
    The longer tips took some of the edge off the drone and made the 2.5s more pleasant than they were. Didn't really quiet them down any. That's not what I was after. I like the sound which I find to be loud but not offensive. I may be a member of the geriatric set but there's still a bit of hooligan blood in there.

Rush baffles

The longer tips took some of the edge off the drone and made the 2.5s more pleasant than they were. Didn't really quiet them down any. That's not what I was after. I like the sound which I find to be loud but not offensive. I may be a member of the geriatric set but there's still a bit of hooligan blood in there.
    Just purchased the Chrome Rush Pipes 4025B Tips 2.25 baffles. Hoping I made the right choice. Definitely wanted something LOUDER than the stock pipes looking for that aggressive exotic sports car sound you can hear but I didn't want a migraine from very very loud exhaust that's cause ear piercing pain. Guess if it's not loud enough for me I can always splurge and buy the 2.5 baffles! So when I get the new exhaust do you guys recommend doing a reboot by unplugging the negative terminal on the battery?