RUSH black pipes - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: RUSH black pipes

I have the chrome rush pipes, with the extension and 2.0 baffles. They sound great, no drone. Had the 2.5's originally and opted for the smaller diameter after talking with Rush. Many compliments on look and sound. May consider 2.25 if and when budget allows. Rode in a class yesterday with Gls 1800s to 1000s and received nothing but compliments from the other riders. Many commented on maneuverability. "Ya just gotta luv it"

Loudness?

Quote Originally Posted by NCF6B View Post
    I have the chrome rush pipes, with the extension and 2.0 baffles. They sound great, no drone. Had the 2.5's originally and opted for the smaller diameter after talking with Rush. Many compliments on look and sound. May consider 2.25 if and when budget allows. Rode in a class yesterday with Gls 1800s to 1000s and received nothing but compliments from the other riders. Many commented on maneuverability. "Ya just gotta luv it"
    Hey guys just have a question for you. I just got my new chrome rush slip ons with 2.25 baffles with the extended tips (4025B)! The pipes look great sounds good but it's not nearly as loud as I thought it would be just deeper! If you go with a bigger baffle does it get louder or does it just get deeper? I would say with the new pipes installed there just slightly louder than the stock pipes. Is it possible that the company sent me the wrong baffles? Is there a way I can check? Also has anybody heard that rush offers 3.0 baffles for the Honda F6B if so I love to hear your input. thanks can't wait to hear from you guys! The pipes that were sent to me were in a big louie box It say for v twin bikes is this correct? THEY mount just fine on the bike. Is this the name for all the pipes that go on the Honda Goldwing or F6B from RUSH? Well im wanting more sound was trying to figure out if the 2.5 baffles (8050S-250B) would give me the sound im looking for or the 3.0 baffles (8050S-300B).

Need long Rush tips

Well, you can add me to the list of Rush pipe owners . I picked up this used set from Johnny B. in Georgia. Thanks, Johnny! Anyway, they are the black pipes with 2.5" baffles. They sound great but I definitely want to add the extended tips. Does anybody know where I can pick up a set of the long tips, either the Rush 4025B tips or something equivalent? I'd appreciate any help anyone can provide. Thanks! --Ken B.
    Ken (Hornblower)

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    Well, you can add me to the list of Rush pipe owners . I picked up this used set from Johnny B. in Georgia. Thanks, Johnny! Anyway, they are the black pipes with 2.5" baffles. They sound great but I definitely want to add the extended tips. Does anybody know where I can pick up a set of the long tips, either the Rush 4025B tips or something equivalent? I'd appreciate any help anyone can provide. Thanks! --Ken B.
    Dats why u went down to Georgia.
    Deer Slayer
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Deer Slayer View Post
    Dats why u went down to Georgia.
    Yep, it's so hard to surprise you
    Ken (Hornblower)

What are your thoughts on them so far? Any feedback from passengers from anyone riding two up?

Quote Originally Posted by brewcityf6b View Post
    What are your thoughts on them so far? Any feedback from passengers from anyone riding two up?
    First, let me mention that, with Dickie Deals help, I found a pair of the 4025B extended tips which should arrive later this week. Thanks to several others that mentioned possible sources for these tips. Much appreciated !

My thoughts so far...I love the black pipes. That was the main reason for switching from the Torq Master chrome pipes. By comparison, the sound is deeper and more "solid". Of course, there is the "hum" at highway speed but I don't mind it that much. From what I understand, the extended tips get the sound further behind and somewhat reduce the hum. I never ride two-up so I can't speak to how this might sound to a passenger. Also, another reason for the extended tips is that I prefer the look of the tips extending out from under the saddlebags. I plan to post a pic later this week once I have the new tips installed. And, BTW, I already painted the chrome shields with hi-temp flat black to match the pipes. More chrome now gone .
    Ken (Hornblower)

More chrome now gone .

May I ask...........

Where did the chrome go?

Hmmmmmm?

Quote Originally Posted by LX2 View Post
    May I ask...........

Where did the chrome go?

Hmmmmmm?
    Ad just posted in classified
    Ken (Hornblower)

Quote Originally Posted by dickiedeals View Post
    Black Rush Pipes 4025B Tips 2 1/2 baffle Powder coated heat Shields. Get great comments all the time on looks and sound. Even from Harley Riders. Went to The HD Dealer in East Orlando Fl. with my buddy yesterday(Getting 10000 mile service) and was quite surprised at the positive comments I got on my F6B. The service manager even took it for a test ride. Came back with a smile on his face.......Sorry I didn't mean to high jack the Thread..................Dickie
    Dickie, was that Jake? Big guy, grey hair? I hope not since Jake is a good friend of mine and I wanted to let him ride mine.