TIRES TIRES TIRES

Thread: TIRES TIRES TIRES

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Never heard of it Steve. Looks like it would have taken care of my tiny puncture. Will look at installing with my next tire change.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Speaking of tires...

I finally replaced my original tires @ 18,000 miles. The rear was getting a bit squirmy on the lines in the road so it was time. On my tire guys recommendation, and from another forum members experience, I decided to go with the Dunlop Elite 3. I wanted to get a CT but I don't have the equipment for changing tires and it was just a hell of a lot less hassle to get MT's. So after a couple days of riding, I have to say these tires are AWESOME. The bike is much more sporty handling and the grip is amazing. I had it up to some high speeds yesterday on a mountain ride and they performed outstanding. These tires are radials, specifically designed for the Goldwing. Here's a little write up in Cycle World:

Attachment 5033 Attachment 5034 Attachment 5035 Attachment 5036

I got my set, out the door, for just under $500.

14,567 miles

Rear tire with 14,567 miles.
    I really thought it'd last a little longer.
    Replaced it with an Elite 3. Will also be going to the Elite 3 on the front when necessary.
    Attachment 6585

I use "Ride On" in my NC700. The bike actually felt more stable with it in. Never had a flat! Speaking of tires why hasn't anyone talked about Darksiding?
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

Quote Originally Posted by Fla_rider View Post
    I use "Ride On" in my NC700. The bike actually felt more stable with it in. Never had a flat! Speaking of tires why hasn't anyone talked about Darksiding?
    Come now! You know folks who "Dark Side" are absolutely crazy and will face a untimely and horrible death. This is especially true if they "Double Dark Side" Why would a person install a 195/55-R16 General G-Max Directional Radial Car Tire on the rear and then install a 130/70-18 Bridgestone BT45 Battlax Rear Cycle Tire on the front Could a 840+ lb. behemoth like the F6B wear tires like that and not kill the rider It surrrrrrrre can

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fla_rider View Post
    Speaking of tires why hasn't anyone talked about Darksiding?
    Just about every MC forum has it DS riders,,, Stick around,, won't take long,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    Come now! You know folks who "Dark Side" are absolutely crazy and will face a untimely and horrible death. This is especially true if they "Double Dark Side" Why would a person install a 195/55-R16 General G-Max Directional Radial Car Tire on the rear and then install a 130/70-18 Bridgestone BT45 Battlax Rear Cycle Tire on the front Could a 840+ lb. behemoth like the F6B wear tires like that and not kill the rider It surrrrrrrre can
    Why look! There's one a them rascals right now!

I went to the dark side at 14000. I went a Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position RFT and 33psi AND I LOVE THIS TIRE. I now have 15600. miles on my front with a lot of miles left on It. But I'm going to Sturgis and I don't want to worry about my front tire.

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    Bob, do you have any handling issues with a front bias tire and a rear radial? I was always told to NEVER mix the two on the same vehicle, especially a motorcycle. I finally scored a spare rear rim so I'll be crossing over to the darkside soon.

Attachment 9059

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    Bob, do you have any handling issues with a front bias tire and a rear radial? I was always told to NEVER mix the two on the same vehicle, especially a motorcycle. I finally scored a spare rear rim so I'll be crossing over to the darkside soon.

Attachment 9059
    Absolutely none! The Bias Battlax Front, IMHO provides "crisper handling" than the OEM Stone. Like you, I had "old school" training about mixing bias/radial tire until Yamaha released it 1900cc Raider with a stock Bias Front and Radial Rear. When a major manufacturer like Yamaha takes it on their own, or at least it engineers, to step to the plate and endorse the concept, who am I to argue

With just over 5400 miles of wear on the Ax, I'm elated with its wear and performance