TIRES TIRES TIRES
Page 1 of 21 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: TIRES TIRES TIRES

TIRES TIRES TIRES

Changed my first rear tire today all by my self. The Wing is a great bike to work on and it very user friendly. Toss it on its side and just like the Youtube said move the center stand just a little to bring the bike further from the ground and remove the five bolts and make the change. I was one of those guys that bought a one off rear wheel from the trike conversion. Brand new tires all around. She rides like a brand new bike. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by thunder217 View Post
    Changed my first rear tire today all by my self. The Wing is a great bike to work on and it very user friendly. Toss it on its side and just like the Youtube said move the center stand just a little to bring the bike further from the ground and remove the five bolts and make the change. I was one of those guys that bought a one off rear wheel from the trike conversion. Brand new tires all around. She rides like a brand new bike. LOL
    What kind of mileage did you get from your OEM tires?

Bob,
    I am wondering the same thing. I changed my rear tire at 11000 before my trip to Az but felt it had another 2000-3000 miles left in it. My front tire has 16500 miles on it and still looks and performs great. I hope to get 20000 out of it.

Attachment 4451
    Rear tire replaced at 11000 miles.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Texas TC View Post
    Bob,
    I am wondering the same thing. I changed my rear tire at 1100 before my trip to Az but felt it had another 2000-3000 miles left in it. My front tire has 16500 miles on it and still looks and performs great. I hope to get 20000 out of it.

Rear tire replaced at 11000 miles.
    Tom:

I pulled the rear stocker at 1190 mile and on went the General G-Max CT. My rear OEM Stone closely resembles yours! I have the original Stone on the front and with almost 14k miles I appears it may go to 19/20k. I keep the front AP at 40psi and I'm sure that has resulted in its longevity. Have 13.75k miles on the Max running 41psi and expect to get 22/24k miles service life. I'm still amazed how a 840+ lb. bike carves corners so well

That's cool Thunder. Was it hard to hold the wheel still when you unbolted and bolted it? What did you use?

BTW, I'm still on my original rubber @ 16,500 miles.

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    That's cool Thunder. Was it hard to hold the wheel still when you unbolted and bolted it? What did you use?

BTW, I'm still on my original rubber @ 16,500 miles.
    Bobby, just put in gear.

The pressure to remove the bolts will not harm the transmission, it's a lot less then when you are cranking the throttle.

16,500 miles is fantastic !!!!

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

What does the forum consider to be a good "balanced" tire that provides good high speed handling, rain grip, and longevity!!!
    Thanks Jim - a.k.a. Bama Bagger

"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny".

~ Thomas Jefferson

TIRES TIRES TIRES

I pulled them off at 13000 because of planning trip to Daytona and would rather be safe than sorry. The front still had plenty of tread and rear was still good but did have a flat spot so it was going.

Quote Originally Posted by Bama Bagger View Post
    What does the forum consider to be a good "balanced" tire that provides good high speed handling, rain grip, and longevity!!!
    I don't see how anything could be much better then the OEM Stones that came with the bike.Handle great wet or dry and give pretty decent mileage for motorcycle tires.

Well, my plans to get 20000 miles on my front tire went out the window today. I ran over some unknown item earlier this week and a tiny puncture flattened my front tire over night. My original front tires life came to an end at 17,100 miles. It still had plenty of tread, minimal cupping, and still performed like new. Hated to see my old friend go but its' life was, unfortunately, over.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]