TIRES TIRES TIRES

Thread: TIRES TIRES TIRES

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    What fun is pushing a bike to only 80% of it's limit? Well, as they say, crashing sucks, and old folks don't heal up as good as youngsters do,,,

Depends a lot on your background as well,,,,,,,

I won't go into details, but I spent a couple decades with no respect for my own safety or the safety of those around me. Had my fun, still alive to talk about it.

After all that, it takes 'quite a bit' to get this old fart truly excited,,,

Maybe others want to test their skills by 'pushing their envelope', but eventually, you will meet either your own personal (or your equipment's) limit, and then,,,

So I rode to work today with the proper tire pressure and I have to say, the tire handles much better. Even a bike tire would handle bad with 10 less psi. It was windy so I need more time to evaluate the handling in the highway. One thing I have noticed is that it sits up more straight on the kickstand . Gotta be more careful where I park. Hopefully it will be all that I hoped for, but if not at least I tried it.

I think of it as the difference between skiing and snowboarding. (I've done both) Each will get you down the mountain fast but skis are narrow and turn quick and snowboards are wide and take a little more effort and finesse.