Hi Everybody,

Been riding two wheels of some sort for 46 years. Currently own a 2014 Triumph Rocket 3 Roadster and a 2005 Harley Fatboy Anniversary. I am considering adding an F6B. Here lies the problem:

Went to my local dealer the other night to check one out in person. Thought the bike looked real cool. Upon sitting on it thats where the fascination ended. I felt cramped, no, rather stuffed in the cockpit. I said to myself there's no way I'm touring anywhere like this with my knees scrunched up to my chin.

I am 6' tall 32" inseam and about 280...yes,...fat! Not one to give up easily I said I can't possibly be the only one with this problem and there must be solutions.

What I found were "comfort controls" to move everything forward 3 inches and down an inch, helibars, aero flip out highway pegs etc. Called Ultimate Seats to find out how fat back their seat moves you and they said 1.5". Going to pose that same question to Russell Day Long tomorrow.

I could see myself easily spending $2K or more towards ergonomics. I like the bike enough to do that but here's the $64,000 question...Will these changes (and I'm sure you guys know lots more) do enough to get me really comfortable and roomy or should I just take a pass on the Honda?

Thanks in advance for any and all advice.
-Grumpy