TIRES TIRES TIRES - Page 14
Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: TIRES TIRES TIRES

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    I've seen all these pics before. Do you see something in them now that's contrary to statements made in this thread?

if so, which ones?

I run darkside on some and not on others, I have my reasons that I won't go into here, but since there were pic I thought I'd add another to the thread.
    Also it might be noted that the pro motorcycle road racers rear tires are usually never bigger than a 180, you don't see them with the big Phat tires so many guys like to run on the street..... ever wonder why that is?

Another special characteristic of motorcycle tires is the use of large camber angles when turning.....
    Attachment 8785

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

How bout this guy, is he "light"siding?

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    And some of this stuff ya just can't make up!!!

From a DS forum,,,,

Here is a still from a guy who made a movie,,, Proclaiming his love for a CT:

Attachment 8787

Posts there after:

Interesting video. Do all tires flex like that in the turn? Just curious.

They all flex to some extent, depending on pressure and sidewall stiffness. Wouldn't want one that didn't.

And ya know,,, somebody, somewhere, deep in their heart,,, is honestly going to think "What's wrong with that?"

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    Come now! You know folks who "Dark Side" are absolutely crazy and will face a untimely and horrible death. This is especially true if they "Double Dark Side" Why would a person install a 195/55-R16 General G-Max Directional Radial Car Tire on the rear and then install a 130/70-18 Bridgestone BT45 Battlax Rear Cycle Tire on the front Could a 840+ lb. behemoth like the F6B wear tires like that and not kill the rider It surrrrrrrre can
    Bob, do you have any handling issues with a front bias tire and a rear radial? I was always told to NEVER mix the two on the same vehicle, especially a motorcycle. I finally scored a spare rear rim so I'll be crossing over to the darkside soon.

Attachment 9059

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    Bob, do you have any handling issues with a front bias tire and a rear radial? I was always told to NEVER mix the two on the same vehicle, especially a motorcycle. I finally scored a spare rear rim so I'll be crossing over to the darkside soon.

Attachment 9059
    Absolutely none! The Bias Battlax Front, IMHO provides "crisper handling" than the OEM Stone. Like you, I had "old school" training about mixing bias/radial tire until Yamaha released it 1900cc Raider with a stock Bias Front and Radial Rear. When a major manufacturer like Yamaha takes it on their own, or at least it engineers, to step to the plate and endorse the concept, who am I to argue

With just over 5400 miles of wear on the Ax, I'm elated with its wear and performance

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    Absolutely none! The Bias Battlax Front, IMHO provides "crisper handling" than the OEM Stone. Like you, I had "old school" training about mixing bias/radial tire until Yamaha released it 1900cc Raider with a stock Bias Front and Radial Rear. When a major manufacturer like Yamaha takes it on their own, or at least it engineers, to step to the plate and endorse the concept, who am I to argue

With just over 5400 miles of wear on the Ax, I'm elated with its wear and performance
    That's good to hear, thanks.

Honda makes cars... Honda makes Motorcycles......Why do they put car tires on cars and motorcycle tires on motorcycles......Must be a reason....?

Anyways...

Quote Originally Posted by vstar09 View Post
    Honda makes cars... Honda makes Motorcycles......Why do they put car tires on cars and motorcycle tires on motorcycles......Must be a reason....?
    Kind of hard to ride on the rims