TIRES TIRES TIRES - Page 16
Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: TIRES TIRES TIRES

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    So where's Hi-Fly???

A victim of "Dangerous Curves", or????
    Yesterday was a good day, wifey made it home safely, and I rode all afternoon.....on a car tire! I have to say that I was expecting the bike to handle differently, yet after a few miles, I didn't give it anymore thought. I like it, in spite of what some may say are downsides. Excuse me, what were they again?

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hiflyer View Post
    . Excuse me, what were they again?
    LOL!!!! How soon you forget!!!

Same old song and dance,,, "Didn't die", so it must be good!

It's too late for you,,, you're already in denial!!!

Go getcha one of them stickers now!!!

LOL!!!! How soon you forget!!!

Same old song and dance,,, "Didn't die", so it must be good!

It's too late for you,,, you're already in denial!!!

Go getcha one of them stickers now!!!
    All I said, was I like it. You tried it and made your choice of what you will do going forward. That's all I'm doin' man, just trying it out, to make my own decision.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Heh heh heh!

Yep, I liked mine when I first tried it too!!! Rode it 2500 miles,,, I got very 'used to it',,,

Only after going back did I realize exactly what I was missing. If I had to define that in one word, it would be 'Precision'. Some folks have different priorities / different expectations. Ya never know until ya try, and in my case, never knew until I went back.

Heh heh heh!

Yep, I liked mine when I first tried it too!!! Rode it 2500 miles,,, I got very 'used to it',,,

Only after going back did I realize exactly what I was missing. If I had to define that in one word, it would be 'Precision'. Some folks have different priorities / different expectations. Ya never know until ya try, and in my case, never knew until I went back.
    Now I know why all those guys coming at us were running wide on the Dragon when we were up there for the rally. They musta had car tires on their bikes. Yep, that's it. No other reason for that type a non-precision ridin.

I mostly want it for the mileage. I use my 6 as a daily commuter 60+ miles round trip. All freeway. Usually you get two rear MC tires to one front tire. Getting them to wear out at the same time would be sweet.

If I can be open to the idea of God and space aliens, I think I can be open to the idea of certain uses that favor car tires... but, man, you guys on CT's must not be pushing your bikes very hard in the handling department. It would bug me to have to go around turns sitting vertically (). The 6 has a 43 degree lean potential... that's sport bike territory... and that's a lot of fun to be giving up for better mileage, cost, and rain performance. I guess we all have a different set of trade-offs.

Since the rear is so easy to change... maybe ideally you'd have a CT on one rim for long trips and a MT on another rim for FUN days

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    you guys on CT's must not be pushing your bikes very hard in the handling department. It would bug me to have to go around turns sitting vertically ().

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzPRD_oRDPY

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by hiflyer View Post
    Yesterday was a good day, wifey made it home safely, and I rode all afternoon.....on a car tire! I have to say that I was expecting the bike to handle differently, yet after a few miles, I didn't give it anymore thought. I like it, in spite of what some may say are downsides. Excuse me, what were they again?
    Don't pay any attention to Scot. He's just jealous. It's not everyone that can tempt fate , stare death in the face and laugh at it , go to hell and back or just put a tire on your scooter and ride it. You didn't catch fire and you didn't wreck. Helluva day.