TIRES TIRES TIRES - Page 17
Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: TIRES TIRES TIRES

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    If I can be open to the idea of God and space aliens, I think I can be open to the idea of certain uses that favor car tires... but, man, you guys on CT's must not be pushing your bikes very hard in the handling department. It would bug me to have to go around turns sitting vertically (). The 6 has a 43 degree lean potential... that's sport bike territory... and that's a lot of fun to be giving up for better mileage, cost, and rain performance. I guess we all have a different set of trade-offs.
    I'm generally horizontal.

I like at 8:40ish, the Wing pulled away like it was meant to fly....
    Awesome vid. Probably shouldn't have watched it given my plans for tomorrow.....lol.
    Cheers,
    Steve

Since the rear is so easy to change... maybe ideally you'd have a CT on one rim for long trips and a MT on another rim for FUN days
    Exactly. But to open another can of worms, why do most guys on motorcycles think they are "Speed Racer". I've seen way too many guys on the verge of out of control, anytime they get on a road that's not straight. I'm probably not the norm, but I would rather ride a thousand miles a day and see this great country of ours, as opposed to 10 miles of "go as fast as you can and hope you don't crash" twisties. I've done the racing thing,(on a race course where it belongs) topped off with a #1 championship, I can enjoy twisting roads without going balls to the wall.

That guy is getting good lean but look at how tentative he is in the curves... he's even counter-weighting with his body against the turn as if there's some lack of confidence.

Contrast that to YellowWolf:

Maybe this is a contrast in driving skill but YW looks a lot more inspired and confident, to the point of actually accelerating out of the curve. The guy above looks like he's coasting through the curves

Since the rear is so easy to change... maybe ideally you'd have a CT on one rim for long trips and a MT on another rim for FUN days
    Thats a good point I like that idea.

Yes! Thanks Speedy; with your confirmation I have now reached my quota of one good idea per year

Cool

If I can be open to the idea of God and space aliens, I think I can be open to the idea of certain uses that favor car tires... but, man, you guys on CT's must not be pushing your bikes very hard in the handling department. It would bug me to have to go around turns sitting vertically (). The 6 has a 43 degree lean potential... that's sport bike territory... and that's a lot of fun to be giving up for better mileage, cost, and rain performance. I guess we all have a different set of trade-offs.
    I was in NC this past week with some of the FASTEST guys know to man on a Goldwing, Racecraft.....Only one had a MC tire...I can promice you...for a fact for me to TRY to stay with them would lead to my untimely death !!! Those guys are that good...not sure about the 43* lean angle...all I saw was sparkes leaving me in the dust!!!!! And yes I do have a heart condition !
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Here's an interesting read; actually the arguments in the comments section are more interesting than the article!

The points about technological progression, and the money and markets that drive that progression, are good ones.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/voices/w...?src=soc_fcbks

Here's an interesting read; actually the arguments in the comments section are more interesting than the article!

The points about technological progression, and the money and markets that drive that progression, are good ones.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/voices/w...?src=soc_fcbks
    Interesting article. The Bruce Steever dude that calls himself a professional cracked me up. Professionals do not use foul language in a public forum, nor are they abusive in their conversations. He is a wanttabe.