TIRES TIRES TIRES - Page 19
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: TIRES TIRES TIRES

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Bob, I run 32# in my Alpine and like they way it handles the Tail of the Gator.... Yes I have run the pressures up in the twistys but for normal driving 32# works out great...is the difference just the tire?
    Steve:

If your Alpine is a Run Flat the 32psi would be fine due to its stiff sidewall. Unlike the Apline, the General G-Max has a single ply sidewall and requires the higher pressure i.e. 40/42psi to reduce/eliminate "tire squirm". I'm just shy of 22K miles on my Max and have maintained 42psi for over 19K of those miles and the ride and performance have been well above my expectations regarding a Non-Run Flat Tire! I brought along a mounted spare and will be mounting it shortly, as I arrived in sunny Fl. With the potential for quick and unpredictable "downpours" I don't want to be caught with a well worn CT

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    Steve:

If your Alpine is a Run Flat the 32psi would be fine due to its stiff sidewall. Unlike the Apline, the General G-Max has a single ply sidewall and requires the higher pressure i.e. 40/42psi to reduce/eliminate "tire squirm". I'm just shy of 22K miles on my Max and have maintained 42psi for over 19K of those miles and the ride and performance have been well above my expectations regarding a Non-Run Flat Tire! I brought along a mounted spare and will be mounting it shortly, as I arrived in sunny Fl. With the potential for quick and unpredictable "downpours" I don't want to be caught with a well worn CT
    That's where I went wrong! For some reason 32psi was stuck in my head. That's for the RF. I will put 42 in and try again. Thanks Bob!

And yes it's a G-Max, per your recommendation. I like the tread pattern and I didn't really want a winter tire in the heat we have here. I also didn't get a RF for a smoother ride. I'm sure reducing the pressure evens that out.

http://hondaf6b.com/attachment.php?a...0&d=1413654988

Sorry, but that looks sooooooo wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post

Put the "Logic" back on the shelf! It doesn't belong anywhere in or on the Dark Side Subject

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    That's where I went wrong! For some reason 32psi was stuck in my head. That's for the RF. I will put 42 in and try again. Thanks Bob!

Remember,,,,,,,,,, Ya gotta find that 'Sweet Spot'!!! Once the tire gets 'broke in', you might have to add a couple lbs,,, Bump it up for the twisties, back it down some for the super slab,,,

Put about 480 miles on the new 888 / 709 today. (No 'sweet spot' required!)

Handling??? '100% Seamless',,, from 1/2 a degree lean to shootin sparks,,, Very light and 'flickable'. No boat-rowing the bars, no under steer, just a great bike acting like it's manufacturer intended it to.

Perhaps the only test will be to see how long the 888 lasts. Still hard to beat the Stones for the 'bang for the buck'.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post

Once in a blue moon, here in Houston. I see a CT poking out from under a bike,, Kinda gives me a chuckle!

Saw a guy with one on some 'Metric twin' a while back,,, Center worn out, edges all cupped ta snot,,, and he was bragging to his buddies about how great it was,,,

He was true "Jerry Springer Show" material,,,,,,,, He just had that 'aura' about him, ya know!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    Once in a blue moon, here in Houston. I see a CT poking out from under a bike,, Kinda gives me a chuckle!

Saw a guy with one on some 'Metric twin' a while back,,, Center worn out, edges all cupped ta snot,,, and he was bragging to his buddies about how great it was,,,

He was true "Jerry Springer Show" material,,,,,,,, He just had that 'aura' about him, ya know!?!?
    Attachment 9192

The beatings will continue until morale improves!!!

LOL!

Not familiar with that one, but it looks like fun!