TIRES TIRES TIRES - Page 2
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: TIRES TIRES TIRES

Cool

I have installed Ride On in my tires....if I pick up a screw...just pull it out and continue on!!!!!!

http://www.ride-on.com/
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Never heard of it Steve. Looks like it would have taken care of my tiny puncture. Will look at installing with my next tire change.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Speaking of tires...

I finally replaced my original tires @ 18,000 miles. The rear was getting a bit squirmy on the lines in the road so it was time. On my tire guys recommendation, and from another forum members experience, I decided to go with the Dunlop Elite 3. I wanted to get a CT but I don't have the equipment for changing tires and it was just a hell of a lot less hassle to get MT's. So after a couple days of riding, I have to say these tires are AWESOME. The bike is much more sporty handling and the grip is amazing. I had it up to some high speeds yesterday on a mountain ride and they performed outstanding. These tires are radials, specifically designed for the Goldwing. Here's a little write up in Cycle World:

Attachment 5033 Attachment 5034 Attachment 5035 Attachment 5036

I got my set, out the door, for just under $500.

14,567 miles

Rear tire with 14,567 miles.
    I really thought it'd last a little longer.
    Replaced it with an Elite 3. Will also be going to the Elite 3 on the front when necessary.
    Attachment 6585

I use "Ride On" in my NC700. The bike actually felt more stable with it in. Never had a flat! Speaking of tires why hasn't anyone talked about Darksiding?
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

Quote Originally Posted by Fla_rider View Post
    I use "Ride On" in my NC700. The bike actually felt more stable with it in. Never had a flat! Speaking of tires why hasn't anyone talked about Darksiding?
    Come now! You know folks who "Dark Side" are absolutely crazy and will face a untimely and horrible death. This is especially true if they "Double Dark Side" Why would a person install a 195/55-R16 General G-Max Directional Radial Car Tire on the rear and then install a 130/70-18 Bridgestone BT45 Battlax Rear Cycle Tire on the front Could a 840+ lb. behemoth like the F6B wear tires like that and not kill the rider It surrrrrrrre can

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fla_rider View Post
    Speaking of tires why hasn't anyone talked about Darksiding?
    Just about every MC forum has it DS riders,,, Stick around,, won't take long,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    Come now! You know folks who "Dark Side" are absolutely crazy and will face a untimely and horrible death. This is especially true if they "Double Dark Side" Why would a person install a 195/55-R16 General G-Max Directional Radial Car Tire on the rear and then install a 130/70-18 Bridgestone BT45 Battlax Rear Cycle Tire on the front Could a 840+ lb. behemoth like the F6B wear tires like that and not kill the rider It surrrrrrrre can
    Why look! There's one a them rascals right now!

I went to the dark side at 14000. I went a Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position RFT and 33psi AND I LOVE THIS TIRE. I now have 15600. miles on my front with a lot of miles left on It. But I'm going to Sturgis and I don't want to worry about my front tire.

Quote Originally Posted by Hook View Post
    I went to the dark side at 14000. I went a Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position RFT and 33psi AND I LOVE THIS TIRE. I now have 15600. miles on my front with a lot of miles left on It. But I'm going to Sturgis and I don't want to worry about my front tire.
    Hook:

You're half way to "Double Dark Sider". You can purchase a BT45 Ax from American Motorcycle Tire for $105 and change with no shipping fee! Absolutely no regrets on my part in using this tire. I have just shy of 2K miles on it and prefer it over the OEM Stone. The tire is 1/4" narrower than the 709 and it truly improves "corner handling" on the 6. With initial installation there was a "high frequency vibration" in the bars. Not major but noticeable. That has abated with accumulated miles. I'm in possession of my second Ax and have it stored in my motorhome for possible use in Florida this winter
    I chose to mount the tire with the "direction arrow" same as the OEM Stone. Some folks are mounting "reverse rotation". From what I can glean from various forums/sources that practice is by "trike riders". Most who have the Ax are stating it will work in either rotation direction

I ran through 2 sets of the factory 704 and 709 tires in 12k. So I just put on the dunlop american elite tires similar to what harley runs. I will post up another time how they hold up. I am fixing to leave on a 10 day motorcycle vacation.