TIRES TIRES TIRES - Page 20
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: TIRES TIRES TIRES

Almost 15K miles on my Falken Ziex 912. No learning curve. Very little slow speed inputs from the tire. I love it and fully expect to get another 15k out of the same tire. I really do love this tire!
    Blotar

Quote Originally Posted by Blotar View Post
    Almost 15K miles on my Falken Ziex 912. No learning curve. Very little slow speed inputs from the tire. I love it and fully expect to get another 15k out of the same tire. I really do love this tire!
    Blotar
    The fastest guys on Gold Wings that I know are running the Falken 612 (same tire as 912, I'm told). I have one ready to put on next. If it's any better than my current Kumho, it will be fantastic.
    Ken (Hornblower)

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    The fastest guys on Gold Wings that I know are running the Falken 612 (same tire as 912, I'm told). I have one ready to put on next. If it's any better than my current Kumho, it will be fantastic.
    I wonder why they choose that tire, it's not a directional tread.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    I wonder why they choose that tire, it's not a directional tread.
    Basically, it's trial and error. Also, these guys ride so aggressively, they're going through a lot of tires. As a result, they want tires that perform great but aren't expensive. I bought this last Falken 612 at Discount Tire for around $70 including tax.
    Ken (Hornblower)

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    That's where I went wrong! For some reason 32psi was stuck in my head. That's for the RF. I will put 42 in and try again. Thanks Bob!

And yes it's a G-Max, per your recommendation. I like the tread pattern and I didn't really want a winter tire in the heat we have here. I also didn't get a RF for a smoother ride. I'm sure reducing the pressure evens that out.
    Bobby I run the G- Max and ride two up most of the time. 45 psi works great for me.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Also, these guys ride so aggressively, they're going through a lot of tires. .
    If that's their 'style', I kinda wonder why they don't get a bike made for aggressive riding???

I mean, jeez, Wings are like Suburbans/Excursions,,, You can rail the snot out of 'em, but they are still behemoths, and yes, you will go through a lot of tires doing so,,,

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Bobby I run the G- Max and ride two up most of the time. 45 psi works great for me.
    The nice thing about the G-Max is its 51psi Max Pressure feature. There's plenty of pressure room to zero in on the "sweet spot". My advice to anyone using the tire would be to start at 40psi and work up the pressure scale in increments of 2psi. With its 1 ply side wall, the Max doesn't like lower pressures. Tire Squirm will be really noticeable with lower pressures

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    If that's their 'style', I kinda wonder why they don't get a bike made for aggressive riding???

I mean, jeez, Wings are like Suburbans/Excursions,,, You can rail the snot out of 'em, but they are still behemoths, and yes, you will go through a lot of tires doing so,,,
    I was told that they want to run their race craft at the extreme edge of its ability, what ever that race craft is...they choose a Goldwing!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    Being, more or less, a wannabe like one of those guys, I can tell you why I'm doing it. First of all, to me, the F6B is like an old man's sport bike. I can go fast, relatively speaking, and I can do it in comfort. And, like one of the "fast" guys told me, what's fun is pushing a bike to 80% of it's limit. Obviously, one can buy a real sport bike but then, to push it to 80%, you're talking about speeds I really don't want to go...been there, done that. Apparently, pushing a bike is not fun for you, Scotrod, but many of us ride two wheels for this reason. I hate to think what I'd have to spend to get a car that performs like my F6B. Anyway, to answer your original question, I did get a bike made for aggressive riding and so did the other "fast" guys!
    Ken (Hornblower)

Being, more or less, a wannabe like one of those guys, I can tell you why I'm doing it. First of all, to me, the F6B is like an old man's sport bike. I can go fast, relatively speaking, and I can do it in comfort. And, like one of the "fast" guys told me, what's fun is pushing a bike to 80% of it's limit. Obviously, one can buy a real sport bike but then, to push it to 80%, you're talking about speeds I really don't want to go...been there, done that. Apparently, pushing a bike is not fun for you, Scotrod, but many of us ride two wheels for this reason. I hate to think what I'd have to spend to get a car that performs like my F6B. Anyway, to answer your original question, I did get a bike made for aggressive riding and so did the other "fast" guys!
    Dickie agrees with Hornblower 100%. Love this bike on the Twisties..........................Dickie