TIRES TIRES TIRES - Page 3
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: TIRES TIRES TIRES

How are you guys getting this kind of mileage out of the stock tires? This is after 9700 miles.

Quote Originally Posted by Trail-runner View Post
    How are you guys getting this kind of mileage out of the stock tires? This is after 9700 miles.
    Whoa !

Does the Elite 3 come in OEM size (180/60)?

Quote Originally Posted by Trail-runner View Post

By not putting the front wheel in a chock and smoking off the rear tire!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

So nobody here likes Metzlers or Dunlops? Just wondering since Harleys run them a lot, though drive shafts and more hp may have their own needs.
    ss^,
    Ken

I have ran the Elite 3 tires on my street glide. It was my tire of choice for that bike. I would get around 14,000 mile out of a set. They handled better than any other tire I've had on that bike. I have stuck with the Bridgestones for the F6b. Everyone seems to like them. They handle good enough, but I just wish they would last longer.

I have ran e3 and bridgestones and metzlers a bunch.. my favorites so far are the american elite by dunlop they are sticky and wearing well.

Quote Originally Posted by edgeman55 View Post
    I don't see how anything could be much better then the OEM Stones that came with the bike.Handle great wet or dry and give pretty decent mileage for motorcycle tires.
    I agree, ran them on both of my GL1800 Gold Wings with a combined 120,000 miles. Great tire under all road and weather conditions with and w/o pulling my trailer two up. I averaged approx. 10K out of each set but I tended to replace a little early to be safe.

darn, I have 6k now and didn't realize I was past 50% of the life of the tire.. at least I know what to get now..

Attachment 8035
    8000.miles I had high hopes for 10k or more.I guess my need for acceleration shows.
    but my mpg's have been awesome!
    I will be changing out most likely this weekend! Not worth a bad day over trying to get more miles out of it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]