My New Mustang Seat
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My New Mustang Seat

My New Mustang Seat

We received our own seat from Mustang today for our F6B that is being painted. Needed it before the Graphics were air brushed to make sure the stitching color will be close.
    Turned out pretty good. Hopefully it will look as good on the bike. Stitching is Dark Cherry.
    Rick
    Attachment 4201Attachment 4202

Let us know how it fits and how the installation goes...Some have had issues trying to get the seat bolts in correctly and then having problems with the saddlebags not opening when done mounting the seat....

Buy the F6B original seat.

I am interesting buy the F6B original seat,I have a Goldldwing 2009 and thing converter in bagger.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickw View Post
    We received our own seat from Mustang today for our F6B that is being painted. Needed it before the Graphics were air brushed to make sure the stitching color will be close.
    Turned out pretty good. Hopefully it will look as good on the bike. Stitching is Dark Cherry.
    Rick
    Attachment 4201Attachment 4202

Nice!
    I didn't know you could get different color stitching.

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Let us know how it fits and how the installation goes...Some have had issues trying to get the seat bolts in correctly and then having problems with the saddlebags not opening when done mounting the seat....
    Received mine a few weeks ago. The front bolts were hell to get in but worth the pain. Wingstuff sells the pointed chrome seat bolts to make the install easier. Love the comfort & lumbar support.

I ordered a Mustang seat also but I'm still awaiting delivery. How long did it take for delivery after you ordered your seat. I've owned two other Mustang seats and I'm eager to receive mine.
    Avatar is a photograph I took July 4th 2009 of a flag and cannon located on Freeman's Farm at Saratoga National Park in Stillwater, New York. A location of a Revolutionary battle field and an American victory over the British in the Autumn of 1777. Let us give thanks to all Veterans past and present for their sacrifice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericb445 View Post
    Nice!
    I didn't know you could get different color stitching.
    Mustang just came out with a Custom Seat Program. On the F6B Seat you can change the center panel color and also change the stitching color. The color options are shown on the Mustang site.

It runs $120 extra for center panel and stitching on a one piece seat. On a lot of the other seat it also includes the tuck and roll option which is included in the tuck and roll for the F6B.

If anyone wants one just let us know. They do look great and worth it if you plan on keeping the bike for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Memphian View Post
    I ordered a Mustang seat also but I'm still awaiting delivery. How long did it take for delivery after you ordered your seat. I've owned two other Mustang seats and I'm eager to receive mine.
    Purchased mine threw Value Accessories on the 18th, shipped Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Purchased mine threw Value Accessories on the 18th, shipped Monday.
    Thanks Choptop!!!
    Avatar is a photograph I took July 4th 2009 of a flag and cannon located on Freeman's Farm at Saratoga National Park in Stillwater, New York. A location of a Revolutionary battle field and an American victory over the British in the Autumn of 1777. Let us give thanks to all Veterans past and present for their sacrifice.

indiatango
    I ordered mine through Cruiser Customizing on 2/19 and received it yesterday.