Black Chrome Wheels - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Black Chrome Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by F6B-RICH View Post
    They look great.Just way to much work for me to keep them clean
    If they were powder coated then it should be a lot easier to take care of than stock .

Quote Originally Posted by stepbill View Post
    If they were powder coated then it should be a lot easier to take care of than stock .
    Black chrome is not powder coat. It is a plating process (dipped) like regular chrome applied over nickel and copper. Part of the expense is the prep because the wheels must be polished first. Powder coat is more like paint that is applied dry (powder) shot out of a gun and adheres to the part because it is electrically charged then baked in an oven to cure.

Both are good coatings with distinctive looks. As far as easier to clean, powder coat is like cleaning a painted part, black chrome is like cleaning and drying a chrome part. Most folks think chrome is more work

Personally I think the OE matte finish on the wheels is the easiest finish to keep clean and looking good. IMO, Powder-coated, chrome or black chome wheels are mostly for looks. Some folks disagree (like my friend from Washington). When I wash my bike I wash the wheels with a soapy rag, rinse, blow off with the leaf blower and their looking good so I can go

Quote Originally Posted by goldtahoe View Post
    Yep ... I can't wait to actually put them on the road. Still waiting in Chicago ....

Attachment 4555

Attachment 4556
    Looks great, looking forward to seeing pictures of them mounted and on the bike.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcPW View Post
    Beautiful ! Yes, where from, how much ?
    I sent the wheels to classic components in California ... you can find them http://classiccomponents.com/ ... whole process took 2 months ... so if you want them get on it quickly. Have fun!!!

I sent the wheels to classic components in California ... you can find them http://classiccomponents.com/ ... whole process took 2 months ... so if you want them get on it quickly. Have fun!!!
    Wonder if they have a swap program ?

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Wonder if they have a swap program ?
    Per my understanding ... they don't because they don't keep gw wheels in stock. You have to send them yours ...

Per my understanding ... they don't because they don't keep gw wheels in stock. You have to send them yours ...

Not this season.

Did you have them custom made? If so, are other powercoated colors available? If I go with a matte black F6B, then I'm leaning towardes red power coated wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by mercator1 View Post
    Did you have them custom made? If so, are other powercoated colors available? If I go with a matte black F6B, then I'm leaning towardes red power coated wheels.
    No ... They are NOT powder coated ... They are black chromed ... And the procedure was to send them my wheels and they performed the plating process and sent them back to me ... The picture I have posted is the rims straight out of box one I got them back ... Hope this helps

One word...sick!!!!!