anyone else feel screwed? - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: anyone else feel screwed?

Quote Originally Posted by jimsol1 View Post
    Thanks, I'm not going anywhere, I may be a baby, but I'm not a BIG baby. Just a little irked. Ok I'm over it.
    I am 5' 11", and have a long torso, so I guess sitting down on bike I sit about 6" 2". So far I have put baggershield 11" set at 12.5" on bike, which helped a little, next I put Mustang seat which lowers you 1", and I recently upgraded speakers to J and M. Each of these mods have helped a little more, Madstad should do the trick. Good luck w/yours. Jim
    I am similar to you, 5'11"-6', 30" inseam (long torso). Just installed a 13" MadStad. I have only done some short test/set up rides, but I am impressed so far. Quiet and no buffeting. I started with a 11" WS but felt I did not have enough adjustment available to get the air off the top of my helmet. 13" did the trick. I will be installing a Mustang seat also when it arrives??
    2014 F6B Deluxe - Yellow

happy w/madstad

I installed the madstad 11" dark gray this am and set it at chin level for height and close to 60 degrees in tilt and am very pleased with it's performance, probably will play with the settings, but it seems fine the way it is, did about 50 miles and can hear radio just fine at all speeds. Before all the I told you so's start rolling in, I stand by my original statement that the bike looks better when stock. To someone else's point, the madstad does look better in person. Jim

Interesting conversation. I am brand new ,not so much to the forum,but my bike just arrived today. It is cold and we are having high winds so I am placating myself by reading the forum and not riding. I bought this bike because of it's looks, the reputation of a Gold Wing and the promise of looooong rides.
    Primarily,I like the shorty windshield.(I am thinking it would look better in black shade though) Every bike I have had, I actually took them to someone to cut them down. The roar of the wind,the feel of it as you ride -the things most are avoiding - I pursue.
    Always - to each his/her own but just a short ride today has convinced me that I spent my last money(for now) on something I am extremely pleased with.
    I will add lower Lights first and not sure I like the double backrest the previous owner installed,The Mustang seat enhances the lines in my humble opinion.
    Right now it's sitting in my garage and every half hour I go look at it. Beautiful and form follows function.
    Do I feel screwed ? Not at all - this is a work of art and I cant wait for slightly warmer weather. I may not come home for a while.....

Quote Originally Posted by grendl View Post
    Interesting conversation. I am brand new ,not so much to the forum,but my bike just arrived today. It is cold and we are having high winds so I am placating myself by reading the forum and not riding. I bought this bike because of it's looks, the reputation of a Gold Wing and the promise of looooong rides.
    Primarily,I like the shorty windshield.(I am thinking it would look better in black shade though) Every bike I have had, I actually took them to someone to cut them down. The roar of the wind,the feel of it as you ride -the things most are avoiding - I pursue.
    Always - to each his/her own but just a short ride today has convinced me that I spent my last money(for now) on something I am extremely pleased with.
    I will add lower Lights first and not sure I like the double backrest the previous owner installed,The Mustang seat enhances the lines in my humble opinion.
    Right now it's sitting in my garage and every half hour I go look at it. Beautiful and form follows function.
    Do I feel screwed ? Not at all - this is a work of art and I cant wait for slightly warmer weather. I may not come home for a while.....
    i use mine to go to work and have to admit some days i just want to keep on riding..

Just bought a new red deluxe on 5/9 at Track & Trail in State College, Pa. Rode a 2010 Kawasaki Voyager 235 miles to trade. On the way I was thinking, this bike is pretty smooth, why am I doing this? How much better can the Honda be. Was having second thoughts especially since I had a perfectly good bike all paid up and was now going to trade it in with a substantial amount of cash. Got to the dealer and decided to do it. Knew going in from this forum that the windshield would be an issue. I hopped on the F6B and within 10 miles, I knew it was the right move. The bike is a whole different level of anything I have ever ridden. I just sold a Concours 14 which I thought was awesome and a Harley Road King Classic that I also thought was great but none of these bikes hold a candle to the F6B. Rode home 235 miles with a full face flip and thoroughly enjoyed the ride. When I tried to flip helmet up, it was not for me thus the need to get a higher shield, at least for the warmer months. Only other thing right now is to find the right driver backrest. Great bike, no regrets.

Yes…she is a beauty!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com