anyone else feel screwed?
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: anyone else feel screwed?

anyone else feel screwed?

Besides the paint issues, (mine isn't terrible yet) black standard,I added centerstand and backrest plus pete's rack, the need to replace useless windshield and totally change the look of the bike I fell in love with irks me. I had an 06 bmw k1200lt, and a friend showed me a pic of f6b online at work, I said don't be surprised if I get one. Drove from NY to Vermont to see the closest black one in person, and bought it, sold the bmw I had for 2 years back to the dealer I bought it from because they had 2 years to figure out why radio reception sucked and couldn't do it. Took a small hit for mileage, but thought they were more than fair. I had a warranty on bike and the first attempt was replacing 1200 dollar radio, next season 500 for antenna and all associated wiring, no joy. I have high hopes for klockwerx shield and am waiting for more reviews. I have 11" baggershield set at 12.5", and over 40 still can't hear radio well enough. Got lower Mustang seat in November and rode for 5 miles, couldn't tell if it lowered me enough to make shield tall enough to make radio acceptable. I still love bike, but when I see a stock shield on one I think they look so much better. Jim

Nope. I bought the bike I wanted, knowing the changes I needed to make for me personally before I ever paid for it.

Nope, me neither. I put a dark bagger shield on and an Ultimate seat with backrest and love the looks even more and now it's comfortable too!

Nope, not at all. Awesome bike, screw the paint.

Paint issue is only bitch I have. Madstad windshield is great, Ive changed windshield and seat on almost every bike I've owned. Had a RT, KR, and RR, all got new seats and windshields.
    2015 HD Ultra Glide
    2017 Mustang GT Premium
    1997 Low Tahoe
    2002 HD Road King

only issue i have is it shuts down at 125 mph but i am smiling till i get there!
    Ok he's done

Not so far. My black paint seems fine. I've put multiple coats of liquid glass on it for peace of mind.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsol1 View Post
    Besides the paint issues, (mine isn't terrible yet) black standard,I added centerstand and backrest plus pete's rack, the need to replace useless windshield and totally change the look of the bike I fell in love with irks me. I had an 06 bmw k1200lt, and a friend showed me a pic of f6b online at work, I said don't be surprised if I get one. Drove from NY to Vermont to see the closest black one in person, and bought it, sold the bmw I had for 2 years back to the dealer I bought it from because they had 2 years to figure out why radio reception sucked and couldn't do it. Took a small hit for mileage, but thought they were more than fair. I had a warranty on bike and the first attempt was replacing 1200 dollar radio, next season 500 for antenna and all associated wiring, no joy. I have high hopes for klockwerx shield and am waiting for more reviews. I have 11" baggershield set at 12.5", and over 40 still can't hear radio well enough. Got lower Mustang seat in November and rode for 5 miles, couldn't tell if it lowered me enough to make shield tall enough to make radio acceptable. I still love bike, but when I see a stock shield on one I think they look so much better. Jim
    Welcome Jim. I'm not clear on the issues you have with the Honda, but consider this. BMW dealers are part of a trend right now buying bikes back that can't be fixed. So many unhappy Beemer owners getting screwed buying bikes with faulty switches, wiring and engine and drive components. Throw in frustrated buyers that can't seem to break down warranty barriers with BMW and as You have found out spending months on single issues.

The honda f6 is a dream to own by comparison.

Happy riding.
    Floats Like a Butterfly, Stings Like a "B"
    What does the B stand for? B-Courteous. B-Safe. B-Seen.....B-CNU on the road!

3 years ago while riding my 2003 Road King with my friend, who rides a Goldwing to Nova Scotia, I swore to him if Honda ever made the Goldwing without all the bells and whistles and without that trunk, I'd buy it. Well, I had to eat my words because they made it, so I bought it. After changing the windshield and adding pass backrest and center stand, I am finally a happy camper. Never have I felt screwed after buying this great bike.

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar
    This bike is nothing short of awesome! The few things I didn't like I changed. I knew that coming in because I do my research and homework before ever buying a bike. I have a ton of changes already on my bike which only has 3,000 miles on it since June. For me riding and modding is a passion and this beast quenches my thirst!