Brakes??? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brakes???

Good answer

Good answer!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Any bike just like any new girl rides a little different!..Buy the bike , ride the bike, love the bike!!!

Good decision

Good decision Frank, you won't be disappointed!

I agree with everyone's input, brakes are great! I can't get over how excited I get everytime I ride this bike, it's just such a pleasure and does everything so well.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Total B.S................millions and millions of miles on Honda's since Honda went with an integrated braking system w/o issue...in normal braking one should activate the rear brake a split second before the front...Honda has got this down to a science...
    To each their own. While I've not had any problems (except by a comment from my rider "were you expecting that?) these brakes do not operate like any other bike I've ridden in the last 40 years. I have never had to pump the rear (right foot pedal) brakes to get a coordinated stop on any other bike. I've had many Honda motorcycles. My first was a twin 360, probably before many of you were born. Then an XL250, GL500, V45 Sabre, then a GL650. I've never had to pump the brakes on any motorcycle I've owned. Honda (5), Yamaha(4), Suzuki(2 actually the Katana was one of my favorites), Kawasaki(3) and Harley(3).

Quote Originally Posted by erazor55 View Post
    To each their own. While I've not had any problems (except by a comment from my rider "were you expecting that?) these brakes do not operate like any other bike I've ridden in the last 40 years. I have never had to pump the rear (right foot pedal) brakes to get a coordinated stop on any other bike. I've had many Honda motorcycles. My first was a twin 360, probably before many of you were born. Then an XL250, GL500, V45 Sabre, then a GL650. I've never had to pump the brakes on any motorcycle I've owned. Honda (5), Yamaha(4), Suzuki(2 actually the Katana was one of my favorites), Kawasaki(3) and Harley(3).
    You might want to get your brakes checked out. Mine work great. No pumping. No lockup. No problems. In fact, I feel comfortable, except for fast or panic stops and braking in hard corners, just using the brake lever and rarely use the pedal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by erazor55 View Post
    My first was a twin 360, probably before many of you were born.
    Hey, hey, hey Young Man, many of us were born when Mr. Honda was still in diapers

If you have to pump up your rear brake, then there is a problem. Either go see your Honda dealer, or...bleed the brakes yourself.