Blacking out the badges
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blacking out the badges

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar

Blacking out the badges

I had already blacked out the round Honda emblem on the front cowl so I decided to tackle the two up in the dash area. The small Honda one was easy because it is a smooth finish. The larger "Goldwing" logo was tricky due to the texture of the plastic there but after several attempts I finally nailed it.

I'm so OCD! lol.......

Those are the only emblems that I kinda like. But your mods look good, thats what its all about. You made your Bike yours.

I don't understand the desire or need to Remove or black out the badges? Are you ashamed you ride a Honda? I come from Harley and I'm just as Proud I ride A Honda F6B. Actually even more so! Thinking about Getting A F6B Tattoo to go with My Harley Bar & Shield Eagle Tattoo....................Dickie

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dickiedeals View Post
    I don't understand the desire or need to Remove or black out the badges? Are you ashamed youe a Honda? I come from Harley and I'm just as Proud I ride A Honda F6B. Actually even more so! Thinking aboutGetting A F6B Tattoo to go with My Harley Bar & Shield Eagle Tattoo....................Dickie
    Lmao! Why would I buy a Honda if I was ashamed of it? I like a clean sleek design free of badges and name plates. To each thy own, I do the same with my sports cars. I am blacking out my entire bike, does that mean I'm ashamed of brake levers and bolts too? At the end of the day you don't need to understand it, it's my bike and my preference. I like the badgeless look so there ya go.

Quote Originally Posted by GiddyupF6B View Post
    Lmao! Why would I buy a Honda if I was ashamed of it? I like a clean sleek design free of badges and name plates. To each thy own, I do the same with my sports cars. I am blacking out my entire bike, does that mean I'm ashamed of brake levers and bolts too? At the end of the day you don't need to understand it, it's my bike and my preference. I like the badgeless look so there ya go.
    Lmao.................Dickie

Ride it like you stole it

The round badge is a BMW trademark? I think BMW was first. I did not like the round Honda badge on the F6B from the git go.
    Deer Slayer
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it.

There are some really nice F6B emblems out there that replace the stock ones. Nice black lettering on brushed aluminum. Really nice looking.

Attachment 4701Attachment 4702
    Honda makes one size fits all, personalizing it makes it yours.

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!