Kisan brake light modulator
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kisan brake light modulator

Kisan brake light modulator

Was wondering if anyone has installed one and if so, is it just plug and play or did you have to tie into some wiring?

Yes it is a plug and play…..placement of the “eye” is paramount….you will see people part the road like the red sea….great for getting the nearly dead out of your way and to be seen. I had one on a bike and no one ever pulled out in front of me after install. When my son started riding, I put the unit on his bike to give him a better chance while learning !!!!! Great unit !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Steve,, it only work's like that if you are riding BACKWARDS while tappin yer brakes!!!!,,,

(hint,,, look at the title of Steps post!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    Steve,, it only work's like that if you are riding BACKWARDS while tappin yer brakes!!!!,,,

(hint,,, look at the title of Steps post!!!)

I've used these on all my bikes for years (non Hondas). They do get the attention of cagers, especially important when I lived in the 3rd highest cycle fatality state in the US. I've actually had people come screeching off the road thinking I was a cop pulling them over, but it beats having to duck and dodge them. Last week I almost bought the farm when a one ton pulled out in front of me and litterally chased me into on coming traffic (maronnie), but I didn't have the modulator turned on at the time, I should have known better. I've been running a tailiight modualator by Kisan too, it's needed replacement 2 xs in 12 years and Kisan has always backed their product up.
    ss^,
    Ken

This thread is about brake light modulators, not head light Now that we've had our fun with that, I see nothing particularly wrong with the modulator approach but the other way to get flashing brake lights is to buy flashing brake lights Several of us have installed the Whelen TIR3 which has various flashing modes AND just happens to fit perfectly where the stock passive reflector resides. Another idea is to use HyperLites which can be easily wired to flash for 5 seconds and then, stay solid-on. Yet another idea is to buy LED license plate frames that are wired into the brake light. There's more that one way to go about this.
    Ken (Hornblower)

I am running the HyperLites.Flash for 5 seconds then solid.All the bikers behind me said it really gets there attention
    Ride it like you stole it

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    HB / Rich,,, Any links?

TIA

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    HB / Rich,,, Any links?

TIA
    http://www.hyperlites.com/
    Ride it like you stole it

Can some one direct me to a website to buy the Whelen TIR3. Thanks.