Pulled the trigger, if i had only thought this through..... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pulled the trigger, if i had only thought this through.....

If you ride close to North Texas you can stop at my house & I'll install an adjustable Baggershield for ya. Went to Madstad & like it.

I am in Albuquerque and have an adjustable Bagger Shield that you can borrow (or buy).

It'll block the wind and let you enjoy your stereo.

Let me know if you are interested.

Congratulations on your new bike. I've read some reviews that say the huge fairing with the tiny stock windshield is enough for relaxed turbulence free 80mph cruising and audible tunes at that speed. Others say the stock shield is useless which is what it looks like to me. Like many have said hit up a Honda shop and get a tall shield and enjoy that beauty. I'm envious of your long epic tour, take your time and enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunatic Fringe View Post
    Congratulations on your new bike. I've read some reviews that say the huge fairing with the tiny stock windshield is enough for relaxed turbulence free 80mph cruising and audible tunes at that speed. Others say the stock shield is useless which is what it looks like to me. Like many have said hit up a Honda shop and get a tall shield and enjoy that beauty. I'm envious of your long epic tour, take your time and enjoy.
    Lunatic,
    I see you have a B-King avatar. I had a B-King with a V-Stream sheild and the wind managment on my F6B with stock sheild is very similar. I did however ride both with full face helmets. That, plus ear plugs would be my suggestion for the OP to get home.

Thanks for all the suggestions and offers to loan/ sell things. Think I got it all sorted out. Fuul face with my Bluetooth headphones stopped the wind noise. I can wait and order one later.
    Day 2 650mi. Damn Texas is big. But I enjoy riding again. The Harley took the fun out of it all. I'm not even sore. This thing likes the triple digits. I'm playing with the preload in the morning. :-)

2236 miles in 3 days. This bike rocks. Once I added the tall windshield this rode much better.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quite the machine, eh?

We like 'em!!!!

A year has gone by

What a difference a year makes... I found one of my first posts, and after reading the thread, I'm grateful to this forum and it's members. No where have I had people so willing to help, share their successes and failures, and sense of community. thanks Phantom and the Mods for all the hard work.

Quote Originally Posted by Spankyrir View Post
    What a difference a year makes... I found one of my first posts, and after reading the thread, I'm grateful to this forum and it's members. No where have I had people so willing to help, share their successes and failures, and sense of community. thanks Phantom and the Mods for all the hard work.
    This place rocks.

Somehow I missed this post when I first joined...I thought I'd read them all, or maybe I dismissed it as "another windscreen" post....

What a great story!
    You wanted something.
    You had the resources.
    The Office of Management & Budget (wife) approved.
    You did it.
    No regrets.
    Much joy.
    Well done.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

The only regret, and don't take this the wrong way, my Texas friends, Is going the southern route home. Texas is Holy crap big, and for the most part boring as hell.

I think sometime this year, My wife and I will be going to Grand canyon/vegas, and coming back through yellowstone. Mighty long ride, but she can handle it. The bike too!

best of all we are going nowhere near texas..... JK, no ,not really.