We have discussed two of the three issues that fill the GL1800 forums which are front end wobble and cold engine hesitation. None of us seem to have experienced the dreaded wobble but several seem to have issues with hesitation wth a cold engine. I have experienced the latter a couple of times but not near as often as I did with my '12 Wing.

Now, Phantom or Ghost shifts. Many 2012 & 2013 Wings have had transmissions downshift from fifth to fourth gear both under power and while slowing. I experienced this problem on both my 2008 and 2012 Gold Wings. When under power, it feels like a automobile with automatic transmission going into passing gear and it is anoying and scarry when it occurs. Of course, it is not predictable and the dealer cannot ever seem to duplicate the condition so they are not too agreeable to provide repairs.

Having explained the situation, I must say the F6B has the best shifting transmissions of any of my three Gold Wing chassis motorcycles and I have never experienced a Phantom Shift.

I was wondering if anyone has experience with this on their F6B?