belly pan
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: belly pan

belly pan

Will a belly pan for a GL 1800 fit on F6B

Yes...YES....and YES !!!!!!!!

I received and installed my aluminum belly pan from Show Chrome today. Taking my time, it took 15 minutes. Good fit and it really disappears under the motorcycle. I just wanted the added protection for the engine and other components housed just above the frame. I also wanted the added benefit of streamlining the underside of the bike.

Right after I ordered mine, I saw they now have one in black. I probably would have ordered the black but feel the edges of the natural aluminum my be easier to keep clean.

This is just another example of a component that should come stock on all Gold Wing's.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am going to order the black belly pan from Texas Cycle Chrome. It is on back order but I can wait.

Installed my Belly pan and left some blood. Does it gap a little in the front corner? I got the vented one like on WingStuff.
    "Ride Shiny Side Up"

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
    Installed my Belly pan and left some blood. Does it gap a little in the front corner? I got the vented one like on WingStuff.
    Mine fit perfectly. However, I got the aluminum lightweight one without sharp edges. It has round vent holes on the side and in the front removable section. I read the info on the one you bought and it had disclaimers about sharp edges. I didn't want to deal with that although yours is made from heavier material. I thought for $45.00, I would give this one a try. If it is too lightweight, I will try one like you bought next time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Dark Knight...yes...you have installed it correctly. It does have that gap up front, in the corners.

To anyone who knows.

What is the purpose of all the vents on the bottom of the belly pan like the one Wing Stuff sells? I think it looks great, but I serviced one the other day and some maybe half of the vents were crushed either partially or completely. I was unable to determine the cause.
    PBlair
    Phil@TexasCycleChrome.com
    2004 GL1800 White
    2012 H-D Ultra Classic Limited Black
    2013 F6B Black

Looking to get one of these belly pans but wanted to know if it allows the bike to go up on a cycle lift without crushing the pan?For that matter is it all right for these F6B's to be lifted by a cycle jack like a J&M?

Problem with Belly Pan Install

Help guys.

I both the a belly pan from wingstuff. Its the stainless one with vents.

I see how it installs but when I remove the capped nuts on the bike and then go to slide the pan there is a molded bracket there that wont let me slide the pan high enough to fit the bolts through the holes on the pan. If you know what I am talking about please send closeup photos of your, maybe I can figure it out.