Wishes for the 2014 F6B? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wishes for the 2014 F6B?

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BLACKBETTY12 View Post
    The site crash was a bummer but we're making a come back!
    Noone was more disappointed than myself and our webmaster. We must rebuild, it has been 17 days since the crash and we are coming back strong. I applaud everyone in their effort to restore the site back to where it was. It will take sometime but we will recover. Just keep posting anything motorcycle related.

It was unfortunate but several websites lost everything. The day of the crash the hacker group known as "ANONYMOUS" attacked Century Link's Internet services for 12 hours. Century Link customers were not able to access the internet during that time. The hackers were successful in crashing several Hosting servers and corrupted the back-up servers. Don't know how they did it, but they did.

To put it in simple terms, imagine putting the data of over 100 websites through a paper shredder, then tossing it off a 50 story building …. good luck in finding the data of a specific website ……. is virtually impossible. I have some of the corrupted data, the estimate to restore it by a professional is approximately 160 -180 hours

Since the crash (on a weekly basis) I have been backing up the website on my personal external hard drive. Our hosting company has new servers and also backs up the data on a daily basis.

Speedy, once in a while we get knocked down on our ass, you just have to get back up on our feet and keep pushing forward, never quit, never look back but always learn from the past.

I'd like to see ABS, although the linked braking is far better than I expected

I don't care much about cruise. A Throttlemeister or other throttle lock is great on the long boring stretches. On hills and twisties, I like all-manual throttle.

The paint could be a lot better, but I can't help but think this will get resolved with enough effort from all of us.

Fix the paint and leave the rest just as is. If you want all the bells and whistles, buy a GL1800 big Gold Wing or other over accessorized bike. The F6B is uniquely simple. Just keep it that way!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Texas TC View Post
    Fix the paint and leave the rest just as is. If you want all the bells and whistles, buy a GL1800 big Gold Wing or other over accessorized bike. The F6B is uniquely simple. Just keep it that way!
    You hit the nail on the head with that statement TC!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alberta Beagle View Post
    You hit the nail on the head with that statement TC!!!

+2!!!!!!!!

I love every thing about my F6B.....Now I lowered mine 1 1/2" put a 9" smoked shield, powder coated my highway pegs, Hids, Breakaway throttle lock and Saved myself $800+ from an over priced exhaust

Looks great Hook! May I ask what you used to lower it?

Quote Originally Posted by Hook View Post
    I love every thing about my F6B.....Now I lowered mine 1 1/2" put a 9" smoked shield, powder coated my highway pegs, Hids, Breakaway throttle lock and Saved myself $800+ from an over priced exhaust

Looks great Hook! May I ask what you used to lower it?

Adding other colors.
    Life's uncertain eat dessert first.
    I.M.B.B.A. Technician II Certification.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyWho View Post
    I was on the first one before the site crash, haven't got around to updating yet. I haven't even posted as much since the crash, We lost a lot of great info, and I lost a little interest( not in the bike) anyway 2/16/13 00465 is mine
    Higher red line/rev limit
    Sportier sounding exhaust
    ABS
    Cruise
    (Would really like to be able to stay with my brother on his K1600GTL, it's about 3 mph faster in the quarter mile according to MC magazines.)
    4/05/13 000214 is mine