Is Liquid Glass ok for matte paint? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Is Liquid Glass ok for matte paint?

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dickiedeals View Post
    Its way worth the money and a little goes a long way. I have 5 coats on and 3/4" of a can still to left. The finish is not wax. Its a carbon. Super hard. One caution is to be sure the finish is clean before you put it on because you will seal in dirt and its difficult to get it out later.Use back and forth strokes no round and round .Read the directions on the can. For our bikes without clear coat its the only way to go................Dickie
    You have a matte black paint job? I have clear coat on my paint...

I see Honda of Russellville has an all matte black F6B on ebay. That's what I had been planning to get them to do for me, and I think I like the look of it. Everything except they painted the windscreen matte black also. Not a fan of that. Too bad nobady makes red line motorcycle tires.

Quote Originally Posted by mercator1 View Post
    Too bad nobody makes red line motorcycle tires.
    Now that this thread is jacked; I have modified a few tires to look like Redlines on HD Electra Glides by using a red permanant magic marker on the white walls. Problem with the GL 1800 is I don't think they make any white walls for them

I know the look you are going for and you could get a similar but updated look by going with red rim tape like they put on many sport bikes or you could have the rim pinstriped!

I had a guy I know that paints the old school pinstripes, do my rims red. The 6 is the third black bike I have had him do this to.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericb445 View Post
    I had a guy I know that paints the old school pinstripes, do my rims red. The 6 is the third black bike I have had him do this to.
    Photos would be nice!