Heated grips - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heated grips

Quote Originally Posted by Dmoon64 View Post
    Plus the stock positioning of the heated grip switch is not the best. You have to take your throttle hand off the throttle to make a change. A thumb dial on the handlebar or something nearer the clutch side would have made more sense.
    Good point, thanks for the post. I am in the process of buying a F6, this type of info is useful. You usually do not find this things out until you own one.
    2014 F6B Deluxe - Yellow

Quote Originally Posted by Dmoon64 View Post
    Ive had better heated hand grips. On high the throttle side is much warmer than the clutch side, or vice versa. I really need a ride!!

Plus the stock positioning of the heated grip switch is not the best. You have to take your throttle hand off the throttle to make a change. A thumb dial on the handlebar or something nearer the clutch side would have made more sense.
    Agreed, I don't know why they wouldn't have used the dial like on the standard Wing. I don't like soft switches.

I just went to the dealer and sat on one. It is not too bad of a reach to use your left hand.
    2014 F6B Deluxe - Yellow

That's what I thought. With gear on and a full face helmet riding along on the highway or back road that reach is a reach. It annoys me because the heated grips I added to the DL650 had a simple dial I could hit with my left thumb. There could be a much better position for the button.

When my hands are cold…I would do a back fit to turn on the heat…….sure better than NO heat!!!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

apply the go cruise or whatever that throttle lock is called and push the button I think it is super easy to use!

Heated grip indicator light

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    It may not be obvious, since there are only 3 led's, but if you look more closely you should notice that the led's also reduce to half-brightness too. So, here are the 5 levels:

• All 3 led's full-bright
    • Top led half-bright and other 2 full-bright
    • Top led off and lower 2 full-bright
    • Middle led half-bright and bottom led full-bright
    • Only bottom led full-bright
    My Deluxe has never needed the grips turned on but the indicator light blinks when the key is in the ignition. Anyone know if this is normal and if so what it means? Thanks.

It is letting you know that the battery voltage is "too low" and will not let you turn on the heated grips yet. After the bike runs for a minute, the blinking should stop and you can turn on the grips.